Search Results (364)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

UK SupportAssist for M18 R2

Alienware m18 R2 has recently been purchased with Dell Support Premium Warranty, but within days of arrival, Dell Technical Support installed the factory build to fix Windows Update module missing from within services. This Dell Laptop's SupportAssist had list of tests in LH table and segmented cir

Question

Dell Inspiron 15 3511 Support Assist On Board Diagnostics freezes during boot up. Fan locked on high speed wont shut off

My Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Support Assist On Board Diagnostics freezes during boot up. The fan locks on high speed wont shut off no matter what I do. I have updated the BIOS, all recommended drivers, no luck. The computer will run very slow. I am seeing on the internet, many people are having this tro

Question

support assist 3.14.2 hangs in start. Running on Windows 11 23H2

When I start the support assistant to check and install updates and it hangs at the start and does not go further. I have uninstalled, downloaded latest version (which I already had) and installed that and got the same problem. I tried contacting Dell support but got a dead end as my laptop is not i

Question

supportassist wont install

I had a problem with support assist not running so uninstalled it, downloaded the latest version (according to the installer its 4.3.0.52594) and am trying to install it but it does nothing other than showing the initials screen and then exits. on another run its stays with the initial screen and do

Question

Getting Windows Security Warning about Driver Software in SA 4.0.1.54588 upgrade

I was notified on SA of the update 4.0.1.54588 so went through the update process. After a few minutes a popup window from Windows Security read: "Windows cannot verify the publisher of this driver software" and offered a choice between NOT installing the driver software or installing the driver sof

Question

Alienware m15 R5 Ryzen Edition (Windows 11): SupportAssist doesn't recognize BIOS update version 1.17.0 (Released: Feb. 20, 2024)

I'm not experiencing any issues, aside from what's noted here. This is just a general FYI, in case it becomes relevant to other R5 owners, or in case it becomes a more serious issue for myself at a later date. Chime in if you're having a similar experience, or have anything relevant to add. I got a

Question

No Option to Limit Battery Percentage in MyDell App

As you can see, when I go into the MyDell app and select the 'custom' option in the power management page, there is no option to change the percentage at which the computer starts and stops charging. Is there a way to fix this? Another issue I've had is that the SupportAssist app never loads. I've

Question

Aren't you supposed to just install over SUPPORT ASSIST ?

My computer wouldn't run client services because it wouldn't start in services, I got that kind of fix and the Support Assistance stopped working. I loaded that and now the command center won't work and my computers running a little hot - around 70 and I can't change my fan speed because I can't get

Question

Official Solution

Dell Support Assist won't log in.

I have installed the latest version of Dell Support Assist (4.0.0.51819) and it runs fine, but I cannot sign in. Logging in with my Dell account consistently prompts "We are working on signing you in" then fails with the error "We ran into a problem. Something went wrong and we couldn't load your co

Question

Unable to sign in after new SupportAssist installed

Unable to sign in after new SupportAssist installed. Keep getting this repeated error:We ran into a problem.Something went wrong and we couldn’t load your contact information. Would you like to try again?Need to sign in to get support > please help asap. Thx.

Question

SystemAssist System Resolution vs. SupportAssist OS Recovery

In my computer's UEFI (which Dell still calls the BIOS) under the Advanced tab there is a setting called "SystemAssist System Resolution" which in turn has a setting for "Auto OS Recovery Threshold". I understand very well what "Auto OS Recovery Threshold" means - that's not my question: In my comp

Question

Connect this PC to Dell

Checking a PC in TechDirect Portal, I am advised to "Connect this PC to Dell".How do I do connect this PC to Dell? This PC has been back online for hours and no synchronization is taking place.I have tried running SupportAssist on this PC, but was stopped with message "Your IT administrator has rest

Question

SupportAssist takes up enormous amount of RAM!

All of a sudden my SupportAssist started behaving irresponsibly - taking up all free RAM.I have witnessed this on both OS that I use on my laptop1.) Win11 Pro 23H2 for my main work environment.2.) Win11 Home 23H2 - Installed on a different partition, which I use strictly for gaming.My laptop is Dell

Question

Support Assist Camera Test Warning, Cam its very Blurry

My Cam on the Alienware M15 R2 is very Blurry. Support Assist Cam Test the result is Warning? Now What?

Question

Dell Perc H710 HDD spindown

I'm using the Dell Perc h710 (LSI controller) as my raid card on my Dell Optiplex 5050 MT (used as a home lab server, mostly idle) to manage a raid1 array made of 2 IronWolf Pro 10TB and a 512mb SSD as a cache. The purpose of this is to reduce the power consumption of the raid array by spinning down

Question

Dell laptop not turning on and charging suddenly in middle of my usage

I'm using dell inspiron laptop without bezel and lcd screen stands in support of lcd back cover only. I typically use my laptop sideways on bed so I could lay down and watch. This time while I'm using it, lcd screen drop down towards my face and it's got unplugged video cable, not wholly but partial

Question

SupportAssist 3.14.2.45116 auto update does not work

This SupportAssist version 3.14.2.45116 was installed 10/18/2023 and doesn't work on auto update. I keep getting: "Unable to download. We're sorry, there's a network delay. Please check your internet connection and try again." My network is fine. Very frustrating to see such nonsensical error mess

Question

Dell Support Assist Broken

Hello, It seems the Support Assist software is broken after the latest update. It dos not download anything , cannot check for drivers and freezes.  I have tried to redownload the installer and reinstall and the installer fails as well saying "No internet connection", when obviously there is

Question

Official Solution

SupportAssist Installer Download failed due to no internet, but there is internet connectivity.

SupportAssist Installer fails to install. Says "Download failed.  This installation requires an internet connection..." Funny thing is, I went to the Dell.com site and was able to download the installer from there...via the internet.   But then it fails to install.

Question

Official Solution

SupportAssist Agent is taking 10+ GB of RAM

Hello, recently I've came across an interesting malfunctions of SupportAssist Agent where the agent is taking up 10+ GB of RAM and slows down the whole machine. This malfunction occured on numerous devices Dell Latitude 5410 - 5440 within the company. My solution was to end the agent through task m

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!