Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

April 28th, 2024 21:21

UK SupportAssist for M18 R2

Alienware m18 R2 has recently been purchased with Dell Support Premium Warranty, but within days of arrival, Dell Technical Support installed the factory build to fix Windows Update module missing from within services.

This Dell Laptop's SupportAssist had list of tests in LH table and segmented circle with progress/time of tests on RH side. Does anyone know how to download/install this version of the Dell SupportAssist app? Thank you in anticipation. 

(Sorry for text description of UK SupportAssist app, did not take picture.)

[This user does not work for Dell and volunteers their free time. Please remember to say thank you by clicking on my thumb up icon.]

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

April 29th, 2024 22:33

Hi @Chino de Oro​ the Dell SupportAssist application has now been automatically updated to version 4.0.3.61632 (64-bit.), see following image. The 40 minutes Full Test detected Intel(R) UHD Graphics hardware problems. 

(edited)

5 Practitioner

• 

5K Posts

April 28th, 2024 21:55

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

April 28th, 2024 22:42

Hi Chino de Oro thank you for quick response with link. This is the same installation link that Dell Technical Support used. Despite Restarting many times, I get error code 9520. 

5 Practitioner

• 

5K Posts

April 28th, 2024 23:23

Argh, support assist is currently causing installation and update issues for many users.  You could see from those current unsolved posts.

Personally, I think that SA is a nuisance, having more problem trades off with the conveniences.  It's also a a distraction and redundancy of other update utilities and Windows updates.  I would of uninstall it and use Windows updates for drivers, firmware.  Checking Dell site for BIOS firmware, patches and security updates monthly or at your own convenient schedule.

The SA, however, is still a good tool for new users and beginners whom are not familiar with system update processes, where to find updates, etc.  It's the only tool to keep them feel safe that the system is up to date.

If you still prefer to have the support assist program to be installed, use REVO for a complete removal of old remnants from system before performing a new installation.  As for the SA software version, it may have different revision versions, and hardware grade versions, but not regional versions.  Therefore, all home PC should be able to use the same download link from my earlier post for installation.

(edited)

No Events found!