Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

October 17th, 2023 11:30

SupportAssist Agent is taking 10+ GB of RAM

Hello,

recently I've came across an interesting malfunctions of SupportAssist Agent where the agent is taking up 10+ GB of RAM and slows down the whole machine. This malfunction occured on numerous devices Dell Latitude 5410 - 5440 within the company. My solution was to end the agent through task manager and uninstall the whole SupportAssist application. The screen is in czech launguage but you can clearly see under "Paměť" which means memory in czech.

At first I thought it was something with the device hardware/software but now that is happened on numerous devices this has to be problem with the agent itself. Therefore I would greatly appreciate any longterm solution or official statement to this issue.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

March 27th, 2024 16:16

Hi all,

Please follow the steps on the video to perform a clean reinstallation, and let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

I'm still awaiting an update from the team regarding the reason for this issue. However, for users who contacted support and followed the process to uninstall and reinstall, it seems to have fixed the issue.

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

October 17th, 2023 13:14

There have been a number of posts in the forum regarding high usage and memory leaks caused by SA. Many users have uninstalled the program and I have not seen a fix yet though possibly @DELL-Chris M  can jump in here with more information.

• 

25.1K Posts

October 17th, 2023 19:43

Hello, I see you are looking for technical assistance. If you need our help, you can follow @dellcares and start a private/direct message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

• 

25.1K Posts

17-10-2023 19:44 PM

Hello, I see you are looking for technical assistance. If you need our help, you can follow @dellcares and start a private/direct message with us and we will be happy to assist you..

#IWork4Dell

If an in warranty technical issue, click the "Get Help Now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. For all non-technical issues that might require your private data, we will send a private Direct Message. Reply to that private Direct Message with the required data.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

October 18th, 2023 06:38

@DELL-Cares​ Hello, I would love to continue our conversation about this issue but I can't seem to find the option to contact Dell-Cares through private message. When I follow to dell-cares profile on this forum no such option is being displayed however we can continue this conversation through this thread If you don't mind. This issue has been happening on nearly 10+ devices and I would greatly appreciate any solution or guidance on how to handle this problem in the future. I am fond of SupportAssist application it's great for maintenance but if this issue persist I might have to delete it from all devices in my company.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 18th, 2023 14:11

"When I follow to dell-cares profile on this forum no such option is being displayed"

New process. Click the blue "Get Help Now" on right to start a private chat with Dell Support agent.

(edited)

1 Message

October 27th, 2023 14:51

Was there a solution to this.  I am having the same issue.  Noticed it a couple of days ago.  Decided today would be a good day to fix it.  Would like some help if available.

1 Message

October 31st, 2023 09:13

Hi, I think i found the solution. Its in a older articel: https://www.dell.com/community/en/conversations/inspiron/dell-supportassistant-using-all-my-ram/647f9618f4ccf8a8de8c9ac6

1 Message

November 7th, 2023 11:36

The problem comes and goes, but pretty annoying when everything freezes. Uninstall seems to be the way to go. 

1 Message

December 16th, 2023 12:25

Experiencing the same problem. The software which is supposed to be optimizing the PC is just draining its resources. It's so annoying, it wouldn't let me do even some basic tasks on windows. I have tried to open SupportAssist which couldn't open and said it's recommended to Restart my PC. However, even after restarting , the SupportAssistAgent is shown again in task manager and using almost 96% of RAM.

Any fix for this or do I have to uninstall it?

February 2nd, 2024 08:10

@Martin Direct​ Honestly it looks like Dell really does not care.

February 2nd, 2024 08:12

@DELL-Cares​ In all sincerity, perhaps read the post before responding with a useless generic "PRIVATE" request. He said it's happening on multiple machines and generally across the globe on Dell machines. What a waste of resources to make each individual user to go private to work out a solution. Just post the answer here for here FFS. 

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

February 8th, 2024 10:50

Just want to state here as well, we just experienced the same on a brand new Precision 5570 running Windows 11 23H2 consuming above 13GB of memory.

Dell - who is developing your software? Please let them know there is an issue here. :)

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

February 8th, 2024 11:26

@DellXPSUsr​ have you solved this at your place?

May I ask - do you use it for personal or corporate matters?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 28th, 2024 18:52

All,

Until the new version of SupportAssist is available, it would be prudent to uninstall the current version.

* Open the SA (SupportAssist) FAQ
* See #2 for uninstall instructions

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

March 7th, 2024 22:50

@DELL-Chris M​ And when is the new version going to be released?

No Events found!