Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

February 7th, 2024 22:00

Unable to sign in after new SupportAssist installed

Alienware x17 R1

Alienware x17 R1

Unable to sign in after new SupportAssist installed. Keep getting this repeated error:

We ran into a problem.
Something went wrong and we couldn’t load your contact information. Would you like to try again?

Need to sign in to get support > please help asap. Thx.

1 Message

February 27th, 2024 05:51

I too was unable to sign in to the latest version of SupportAssist.  I think it was 4.0.0.51819.

I uninstalled that, and used Dell-Jesse L's link to install an older version, 3.14.2.45116.

This allowed me to sign in, once more.  I had to recreate my profile, however. But it seems to work.

Thanks!

(edited)

• 

16.8K Posts

February 8th, 2024 09:41

To receive assistance from Dell chat support, they need to verify the warranty status and ownership. Then you must troubleshoot with them.  Click the "Get Help Now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. If already out of warranty, click here for the Dell out of warranty offering.

8 Posts

February 10th, 2024 03:25

Same issue with brand a new Alienware m18 R2 (ie: warranty current) and the new SupportAssist program. Of course, out of hours and can't utilise "Get Help Now" feature ... and of course, can't log in to SupportAssist to request support. So ... around we go.

(edited)

1 Message

February 10th, 2024 22:00

According to Dell chat: "the issue is with the support assist server which will be resolved in the next update"

8 Posts

February 12th, 2024 12:53

UPDATE: it appears this issue has been resolved and it now automatically signs in upon opening SupportAssist.

• 

16.8K Posts

February 13th, 2024 09:33

Forum Users,

Can  you all attempt the login again?  If it fails then, try again in next 24 hours and share us the results.

• 

16.8K Posts

February 15th, 2024 15:39

Forum Users,

Please uninstall the latest version and install the available version from Dell located here.

February 21st, 2024 14:33

This 'worked' for me, though essentially it just went back to previous version. The newer version, which was rather cartoonish & only cosmetic changes, does the same things as the old version. I prefer the prior version so will have to monitor it more closely when it runs and not have it install stuff I don't want it to. Make sure you uncheck "automatically install updates".

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 11th, 2024 15:58

This is still happening for me - the SupportAssist app give me "We ran into a problem.  Something went wrong and we couldn't load your contact information.   Would you like to try again?  No, I want to cancel or Yes, let's try again".

I found this thread, uninstalled the SupportAssist and reinstalled from the link Jesse provided above.  Looks like it reinstalled the same version and it's still giving me the signin errors.  Not sure how important this is, but it's a little frustrating.  :)

Control panel says the installed version is 4.0.2.59780

Thanks!

No Events found!