Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

October 23rd, 2023 18:52

SupportAssist Installer Download failed due to no internet, but there is internet connectivity.

SupportAssist Installer fails to install.  Says "Download failed.  This installation requires an internet connection..."

Funny thing is, I went to the Dell.com site and was able to download the installer from there...via the internet.   But then it fails to install.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

October 25th, 2023 12:57

Hi all,

The reported issue has been resolved. If you continue to experience any problems, please contact our technical support team by clicking on "Get Help Now."

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

October 23rd, 2023 19:36

I keep having the same problem. I use Dell SupportAssist daily as a troubleshooting tool.

Error keeps saying "Download failed.  This installation requires an internet connection..."
Never had this error before.

Tried to report to Dell chat, but said it was not an issue on their end..

1 Rookie

• 

357 Posts

October 24th, 2023 00:38

Just reimaged a Dell 9560 tonight.  Tried to go to Dell Support to see if I needed any updated drives and I'm in the same boat.  I downloaded the SA installer just fine, over the internet, but the installer says it can't find the internet.

Command Update worked fine, but I know sometimes there are differences so I was going to check them both.

I love when error messages tell you something is wrong when that's not what's actually wrong.

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

October 24th, 2023 09:24

Exactly the same problem on my Inspiron 15 5510.  Clearly an internet connection exists.  

1 Message

October 24th, 2023 12:10

Error keeps saying "Download failed.  This installation requires an internet connection..."

ama internetim var ve bağlı.

artık bir çözüm üretecek misiniz ? ben çok sıkıldım bu durumdan.

bir daha DELL mi ? Allah korusun.

1 Message

October 24th, 2023 14:02

I am having the same problem.   Started having issues with SA last month.   Froze so I uninstalled and when I tried to reinstall I keep getting the "no internet connection" when I do have internet connection.    

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

October 24th, 2023 16:33

10/24/23

Still Not Working

4 Posts

October 24th, 2023 16:50

same issue, nothing seems to work. noted: we use this daily as well 

1 Message

October 24th, 2023 17:18

On October 23, I encountered the problem on a newly reimaged PC running Windows 10 Pro. There was no existing SupportAssist causing interference, obviously. The reimage was done using a months-old standard Windows 10 installer. And the problem was not with any recent Windows updates. The attempt to install SupportAssist came very early in the install process, before any updates took place.

This made me suspect Dell has recently updated SupportAssistInstaller.exe and that there is a regression in it. The file I downloaded is version 3.14.2.45116 signed by Dell on 9 October 2023. So, allowing time for it to pass inspection and be promoted to production, it was recently published indeed.

Thanks to kelemvor33 I found and used Dell Command Update instead.

EDIT: System type may be part of the picture. The failure above was on a Dell Vostro 3490 laptop. Today I had no problem at all using SupportAssistInstaller on an older Dell Optiplex 9010 desktop.

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

October 24th, 2023 17:56

So now, it will download for me.

But new Error stating:
OS Not Supported

Windows 8 or higher required to run this application.

You will need to update your Operating System to before installing.

*I am on Windows 11

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

October 24th, 2023 20:09

Success thanks to fglekm.

I downloaded the Dell Command | Update Application from:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-uk/drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=HYR95

The website stated that you should 'Select either 32 or 64 bit installation' but no option was given.  I have an Inspiron 15 5510 running Windows 11.

Then I ran the SupportAssistInstaller
It took a while because I had deleted all Dell programs by that point.  However, it worked first time.

Then I ran the 'SupportAssistInstaller' without any errors.

I noticed that the 'Updates' then ran an update of 'Dell Support Assist OS Recovery Plugin'.
Hope this works for others members.

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

October 25th, 2023 12:18

@winchestermili​ This did not work for me.

*Running mainly OptiPlex XE3's

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

October 25th, 2023 13:00

This is the new error
***All OptiPlex XE3's are running either Windows 10 or 11

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

October 25th, 2023 19:27

@wrbuchanan​ by the time i tried the successful procedure i had  uninstalled ALL other Dell Software.  Have you still got legacy software loaded?  It MIGHT be worth trying because once SupportAssist is recovered all the other Dell software reappeared

1 Message

October 27th, 2023 11:51

Same error here. I work with DELL workstations. Comon DELL! Do something.

No Events found!