Search

Search Results (1.4K)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

BIOS 1.2.23 Upgrade Error: Driver Version Fail!

Hi I'm trying to upgrade my BIOS from version 1.2.20 to critical update version 1.1.23 but I get the error "Driver Version Fail!".  I understand that BIOS versions should be installed one after the other so that there are no gaps however looking at the "Older Versions" on Dell Support there i

Question

Can I add 16GB RAM to 4GB?

I bought my Inspiron 3470 from PC World just before covid arrived and it's always been slow switching between Firefox / Excel / iTunes / Thunderbird. Task Manager / Performance shows I have 4.0GB RAM, and in Command Prompt, "wmic MemoryChip get" shows Speed is 2666 (although ConfiguredClockSpeed is

Question

Trying to restore Dell Inspiron One 2320 to factory.wim image

Hello, I recently got a Dell Inspiron One 2320, which was upgrade to windows 10 from 7 in 2016, and was reset to run faster, deleting the original apps, but keeping the recovery partition. I decided to reinstall windows 7 with its drivers, as the driver and application cds were still intact. Howe

Question

Inspiron 3847 CPU upgrade: Intel Core i7-4790 or 4790K?

I'm looking to upgrade my son's gaming PC's CPU to an Intel Core i7-4790 or 4790K. I see on the 4790K documentation, to use the overclocking, the motherboard's chipset needs to be Z97. I don't think that's what I have...I assume it's H81. Also, it states I need to make a setting change in the BIOS.

Question

3847 build

I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 and I purchased a GTX 1080 GPU, a Samsung 860 EVO 1TB ssd, 16GB of RAM and now I need to pick a PSU. I saw in some previous posts that the EVGA B1 700w was recommended for other builds but I can't find that one.  With my setup what would be a good PSU?  I have

Question

Inspiron 7700 AIO win 10

Hi Can you spec win10 pro on a new 7700 ?

Question

7700 AIO failed on start up

New 7700 initial startup, got as far as the pc deciding it needed an update to current win11 version (new computer ?) Told me what it was going to do then started the update went for a reboot then locked up. All I can get now is the Dell start logo. Can't get into bios pressing f12 Tech help fin

Question

All-in-one won't boot because of dead optical drive

Can i tell the PC to ignore the optical drive at bootup to get it to start until i can replace the drive?

Question

3910 can't enable AHCI mode in BIOS

Greetings, Brand new Dell 3910 with 256GB NVMe. BIOS came with RAID mode enabled. I want to switch to AHCI mode for various reasons, most importantly I want to install Windows 10 fresh from USB, and if in RAID mode requires the RST driver, and I'm not doing that. However, the BIOS is refusing to

Question

Are AdBlockers any good?

Are AdBlockers any good? They claim to be free but actually they are not. They charge you every month. I've seen the reviews of some adblockes and although some of them are positive on the other hand there are many negative reviews, such as Computer slowed noticeably after the installation of the ap

Question

Dell Desktop Inspiron 3910 power issue

I’ve just bought a Dell desktop Inspiron 3910. Is it normal when I plug the computer into the mains supply that the computer will start up temporarily and within a few seconds turn off , this all happens before I’ve touched the on and off switch on the PC ? Thank you 

Question

Anyone know how to boot to bios on a dell inspiron 3668

I'm trying to upgrade to ssd from my hdd to run stuff alot faster but I don't know how to boot to bios on my dekstop. Thanks in advance.Specs:windows 10intel i3-7100gt 73012 gigs ddr4 2400 mhz ram

Question

What are the things I can replace in the Dell G5 5000?

I don't know a lot about PC building, but I was looking to upgrade my 2070 Super to a 3070. Is there enough room in the case for a 3070? And would there also be enough room for a RAM upgrade? I am looking to upgrade to at least 64 gigs of RAM, if not 96 gigs since I currently have 32 gigs (2 16gb dd

Question

inspiron 3891 motherboard form factor

I have an Inspiron 3891. I want to get a half decent graphics card like an rtx 3050/60 or a 1650 super. My current stock power supply does not have the connectors or the power budget. My stock case only accepts tfx psu's and unfortunately they only go up to 350W. Therefore I need a new case however

Question

speeding up firefox?

Hi,   I have two search engines installed in my Inspiron 3891-- Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Edge seems to be working OK, but firefox is slow slow slow--- the home page comes up pretty well, but searches  take "forever" to load-- the '"little blue circle" spins endlessly-- so slow that yo

Question

Inspiron Desktop 3891 vs Inspiron Desktop 3910

I had an Inspiron Desktop 3891 that I bought early this year but returned it because it would run hot and the fans got really loud. It had a i7-10700 and a 1650 SUPER. Since the Inspiron Desktop 3910 is on a newer Intel processor, will it be more efficient and not get as hot and have quieter fans? T

Question

Using Inspirion 7790 AIO as external monitor - resolution problem

When I try to use my Inspiron 7790 AIO as external monitor for my laptop, since a few days the maximum resolution is 1360x768. I did not change anything in the settings and when I connect my laptop to another monitor, I get a higher resolution. How can I solve this?

Question

Upgrade Processor on a 0M6C7G motherboard

Hey, I want to upgrade my processor but I can't figure out which ones are compatible with my motherboard. Does anyone know how I can find this out?

Question

INSPIRON 3891 RUNNING SLOW - RUBBISH!

We have acquired 3 new Inspiron 3891 PC's for our office to replace a 14 year old PC and all 3 are slower than the original! All we are running is Office 365 using Word and Excel and the internet and apps are taking 45-60 seconds to open, the internet takes for ever to scroll and Outlook is yawnin

Question

CDRom/DVDRom will not work on Dell AIO

I install my CD-ROM drive as per the instructions, but if I try to access the drive, it states E:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect. I also have a laptop, an Acer Aspire i5, I put this CD-ROM drive on there and I got the same error, I went into -device manager/CD-ROM/driver/roll back d

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!