Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

1 Message

January 14th, 2021 14:00

G5 5090 Support Assist CPU fan issue

I recently upgraded my CPU cooler to a CoolerMaster Hyper TX3. The cooler is working perfectly fine, however since my computer has been launching a Bios Support Assist pre-boot performance check due to some unrelated recent issue, I keep getting error message 2000-0511. My Processor fan is working perfectly fine though. Is there anyway around this? My computer is up to date in every way (BIOS,Drivers, Windows updates, etc.).

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 14th, 2021 15:00

That's probably because it's not a Dell OEM fan, which may be wired differently than the new one.

Lots of threads about upgrading heat sinks and fans in the G5 5090, so search for those threads to see how others may have gotten around the error message.

1 Message

October 25th, 2022 04:00

You can use any of these methods to immediately fix the CPU fan problem. They are simple to complete, so you should make them a habit to prevent the problem from happening again. Checking the fan wiring will need to be done first. The power supply's motherboard is linked to the CPU fan. The fan won't operate if the wire is slack. To make sure it is sturdy and tightly attached, you must make the necessary corrections. Verify that all of the fan connections are securely fastened by checking them all. The CPU fan header can also be plugged into another port as an alternative. It's possible that the motherboard's power port is broken, therefore you'll need to use a different one.

No Events found!