AnsweredAssumed Answered

Aurora r6, fan noise and WLAN driver issue

Question asked by Andcircle on Nov 14, 2017

Just bought an aurora r6 yesterday, feel so disappointed about all the problems I have with a new desktop at this price level.

My service tag is [Admin note, service tag number removed per TOS.].

1.It has blue screen frequently and gives Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Netwtw04.sys error, I checked here and update my WLAN driver, so far no blue screen. Since I'm not the only one has this problem, could Dell solve this at the very beginning?

2.I called alienware tech support last night, the technician ask me to reset the computer. The reset process got stuck at 12% for 1.5 hour, so I have to cut the power, restart it. Then it said my files hasn't been cleaned completely, pls try reset it again (but I didn't I think), then it reinstall the windows automatically. Now it seems like the windows works OK, should I reset it again? Is there any way I can find the previous uncleaned files?

3. The most annoying issue is the noise, not only the ticking problem, I also have a kind of high frequency vibration noise. How can I solve this problem?

I'm seriously considering return it, but I need the Nvidia 1080 to finish my project, can't wait another 2 weeks to get a new one. So could you pls kindly help me to solve the above problems A.S.A.P ?

Thanks

Outcomes