In your community you can set up notifications so you can keep on top of important activity. The notifications are based on your activity streams. You can get notifications from personal streams, news streams, the inbox and moderation alerts.
Notifications come in the flavor of both email and mobile app push notifications from the Jive Software app available for both iOS and Android devices.
Note: In order to get mobile push notifications you must first download the Jive Software app and authenticate your account in the app. Once that is recognized mobile notifications will become available for most of your streams.
Accessing your notification preferences:
- Click your personal drop down, which is usually located at the top right corner of your community.
- Choose the Preferences option.
- Your notifications are located in three sections: Notification Preferences, Inbox Notifications and News & Stream Notifications.
For any stream or parts of your inbox you have the option to get email notifications. For some of these streams you can choose the frequency of the emails to one of four options:
- All Activity – you will receive an email for each single activity
- Daily Summary – once a day summary of the activity
- Once a week summary – a summary email sent once each week, usually on Thursday
- Twice a week summary – a summary email sent twice weekly, usually on Tuesday and Thursday
Tip: The very first option under Notification Preferences is an opt out for all forms of notifications. If chosen you will not be able to receive any email or mobile notifications from your streams or inbox.