Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 6th, 2024 05:35

Alienware M16 R1 power rail failure fix/cost related

Hello everyone, I have an Alienware M16 R1 with Intel i9 and RTX 4080. I'm currently facing a power rail failure issue(my power button is blinking 3 red and 5 blue). It randomly happened as my laptop was on and I was away in the kitchen cooking and when I came back in the middle to play some songs this happened. I eventually gave up on all solution I found online from flushing the power in battery/motherboard to fixing up all screws which might have caused a short.
I'm planning to contact Dell support but my warranty ran out just last month. I'm hitting up here hoping you guys might have an estimate on how much it might cost me since I'm a student(International student in Italy). 
The situation is as stands, my CPU,GPU are in top notch conditions(Never overclocked or temps crossed 100), I don't smell anything burnt, my laptop turns on the keyboard and all the RGB but doesn't boot up. I'm guessing dell support would advice me to change my motherboard but since the components are all good, will they be able to salvage it reducing my expenses by some??
Please let me know and I'm looking for a response at the earliest

No Responses!

View More

No Events found!