Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2024 14:53

Support Assist Driver Update - Error please try again!

Inspiron 15 3520

Inspiron 15 3520

As with many other users, the support assist app has stopped updating drivers and the check returns an error.

I have followed the advice and wasted a lot of time on this, uninstalling/reinstalling the SA app and rebooting about 15 times. It really is very bad software and I've discovered posts about the same issue going back 5 years or more. This is a new Laptop and the SA app was working but now isn't. Also when reinstalling the software, I get a more dated version and there's no way to download the prior, more modern version, of the app as the installer chooses the version.

This is Dell software on a new Dell Laptop that runs fast for everything else, yet this software is as slow as something I used in the 90's. What on earth is going on?

Also, can someone tell me if I'll receive all necessary updates via the separate Dell Update app so I can hopefully forget about using the Dell SA app altogether. Given that there's the MyDell App, Support Assist App and the Dell Update App, plus others, it's no wonder it's having issues and it might be an idea to save your customers extreme frustration and time wasted by having one app with say ... let me suggest something radical ... a menu that covers everything.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

April 30th, 2024 13:39

Hi @Mercurio1 

Could you please try installing the latest version (4.0.3) and let us know if it resolves the issue?

Download SupportAssist

Thank you.

No Events found!