Search

Search Results (364)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

"dsapi.exe" and "BDBICExtractor.exe" causing security alerts across multiple tools

Hi all, I'm a security analyst and over the last 24 hours we have received multiple high security alerts for both the files: "dsapi.exe" and "BDBICExtractor.exe", across platforms such as SentinelOne, Carbon Black and Cisco AMP. After some analysis on the file hashes and their behaviors, the ac

Question

Aurora R11, where is SA on taskbar?

Well it here and all set up. I have a few questions but I'll asked one for just today. I don't see Dell Support Assistance icon in tack bar on the new machine like it was on my R9. I tried to search for it and i sending me to download, is this it ? Do I have to manual download it? I thought it was

Question

Closed

Dell Command Update gets Application Error

I have 3 different systems that when I run Dell Command Update and try to check for updates fails with "Application Error An unexpected error occurred during the last action, the operation was aborted". After this it's activity log has an entry with "Update operation error: One or more errors occurr

Question

Support Assistant

I tried running Support Assistant today and I keep getting this error message. "Class not registered"   I have no idea what this is.  

Question

Inspiron 7706 2n1 i7-1165G7 (2020 model) Ram upgrade

Hi everybody! I have bought this Inspiron 17" 7706 2n1 (with i7-1165G7 CPU, 2x8 GB Ram and H10 512 GB Optane SSD) and I want to upgrade RAM and SSD. Looking at my specific Service Tag Dell documentation I see that max sodimm slot storage is 16GB, while available configurations are only up to a tota

Question

SupportAssist Downloader

Does the SupportAssist downloader always download, from here , the latest version?

Question

Another mysterious case of Support Assist - Hardware Scan not working

DSA Hardware Scan is not working. Environ: XPS15 9560 running W10 Pro build 19041.746DSA v.3.8.0.108 Symptoms: Attempt 1 - 2 secs to 100% but reports did not run.Attempt 2 - 2 secs to 100% but reports did not run.Attempt 3 - Stays at 0% but I timed out after 30 mins. Fixes attempted: Running M

Question

Dell G7 7590 - Supportassist OS Recovery Tools v5.3.0.13847 will not install

As per the title, critical update "Supportassist OS Recovery Tools" v5.3.0.13847 will not install. System = Dell G7 7590  1. Supportassist OS Recovery Tools v5.3.0.13847 is not available in my machines Support page for Driver downloads. There is an older version available (which is already i

Question

SA, scheduled scans

Hi All Just received my new laptop and i have a question with regards scheduling scans in SA (SupportAssist). Is there anyway you can schedule the scans to run on shutdown rather than at a specific time? I can only see the options being at a specific time I.E. 7:00 PM either weekly or monthly..

Question

Dell Support Assist - System Repair can not be unchecked

OK, so we just had a thread on this complaint, and I never saw a solution.     There is an check box option under Settings\System Repair labeled System Repair is Turned on, or off if checked. I can check it to turn off, then save and exit the program with no problem. But

Question

Cannot install SupportAssist -> URL Validation failed

Dell Latitude 5500, trying to run SupportAssist, fails immediately saying: Download failed: "We were unable to download a file for installation. Check your internet connection and try again." I check the log in C:\ProgramData\SupportAssist\Client\Agent\logs\ApplicationLogs ->  E

Question

SupportAssist OS Recovery Tools 5.3.0.13847 failing to install

Keep getting an Urgent Update to install SupportAssist OS Recovery Tools 5.3.0.13847, but it keeps Failing everytime I try to install. Anybody else having this problem and possibly a solution??

Question

Closed

How to disable/remove/uninstall SupportAssist On-board Diagnostics

Just received (less than one month) a brand new computer XPS 13 9310 2-in-1. Bios version 1.1.1, Windows 10 Pro For every single pause (simple coffee break) lasting more than 10 minutes, the Dell SupportAssist On-board Diagnostics automatically started, close all my open windows, shut down all my w

Question

Corrupted update download

Dell support system recently downloaded an update 'Dell update app for win10 ver 4.0' it refuses to validate and install. Is there a way of deleting this download file and start again as it looks like a file corruption has taken place.   Thanks

Question

Boot Disk 0 and Disk 1

DELL Alienware Aurora R8 My computer contained an OS Boot C SSD and a regular OEM HDD hard drive. I recently upgrade my 256GB OEM SSD to a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe - M2. After cloning my old OEN SSD using Samsung Data Migration Tool to the new disk, and replacing the old one with the new

Question

Inspiron 3793, SA urgent updates, "Failed" for everything

This laptop is only 1 month old. If it's an Urgent update then is my laptop at risk?

Question

Dell Update won't install critical updates, warranty confusion

I have an Inspiron 7591 2n1 running the latest version of Windows 10. Earlier this week, Dell Update alerted me that I needed to install two critical updates: Inspiron 7391 / 7591 / 7791 System BIOS (dated: 11/12/2020) SupportAssist OS Recovery Tools (dated: 10/23/2020) Every single time I

Question

Inspiron 7706 2-in-1, want to make sure it has recovery software

I am coming from an HP that had clear HP Recovery software but although the Disk Management shows a recovery image partition, I don't see any obvious software. Before I really prune down the laptop of some of the pre installed software I just want to make sure I always have the ability to return th

Question

SupportAssist not Starting

SupportAssist does not start when run from MyDell. I get a splash screen, which then disappears. Re-installed, rebooted, but still does not start. Dell Inspiron 3780, Win 10. All up to date.

Question

Inspiron 3580, Dell Update disappeared

I just did a dell update. The program notified that it needed to update itself. After the update it said that it is finished. When I ran dell update again it said that it was busy doing something. I restarted and now dell update is gone?

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!