Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Official Solution

G15 5511, SA using all my RAM

Hi, My laptop (G15 5511) was slow. So i look in task manager and the SA (SupportAssist) app below was using all my RAM and a lot of CPU: C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\PCD\SupportAssist\pcdrmemory2.p5x This is the second time i got that. can you say me how to avoid this? First

Question

5490 AIO Support Assist error WPE01-EC4 PCIE

PCIE false positive. Has Dell ever patched this problem?

Question

Does Dell RemoteAssist automatically delete?

Hey, I recently had a support agent use Dell RemoteAssist to remotely control my laptop to resolve an issue.However, after the session, I can't seem to find "Dell RemoteAssist" to delete. Anyone know if this was automatically deleted? Thanks in advance!

Question

Official Solution

Closed

SupportAssist is not working

Hello, I hope everyone in the community is well! As I state in the title, SupportAssist has stopped working since 2 weeks ago. I browsed through the community for past discussions but I did not find a similar situation to mine. I have an Inspiron 24 - 5400 All in one. Bought it last March, simple

Question

SupportAssist Release Information

I'm running Windows 10 v 21H2 Release Preview (Build 19044.1200) x64 on an Inspiron 3670. I have been advised by Dell that the latest version of SA - v 3.10.2.29 - is not supported on the Windows OS I'm running; furthermore, they have said that once Windows 10 v 21H2 is on general release, SA will

Question

Support Assist Recovery - Reset

Hello I’m trying to reset my Dell 9300 using the Reset and Update option, the Reset to Factory is greyed out, and the reset always fails at the “Extracting Driver Files” step. Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Question

How to stop hardware scan complete with no issues

Hello All,When i close my Dell Laptop Inspiron 5502, or it's on sleep mode it start's by itself the infamous ( hardware scan complete with no issues ).I want to turn this feature off, how can i do it, im afraid that it may even happen when the computer is off !!!!!This function is crazy and bound to

Question

Does Support Assist reliably see all driver updates?

I have three month old R10. When I check online at Dell.com support, and choose "let Dell automatically find Driver updates for you", it says that I am up to date and no driver updates are available. If I go check driver updates and downloads manually I see a driver update flagged with  "this

Question

Official Solution

supportassist: will not update

According to dell supportassist, I have 1 critical update and 2 recommended updates that will not install. error message: some of the updates could not be installed. See the status column for details.   the exact files are :  suuportassist OS recovery tools  version 5.4.3.15135

Question

Dell SupportAssist not installing after uninstalling

Hi Dell team. So, I had some issues with Support Assist in my Dell laptop 2-in-1 that lasted for several weeks, just circling without getting access or getting updates. Additionally, I noticed that my Support Assist reported the wrong service tag code, not the one on the back of my laptop. I a

Question

Official Solution

Inspiron G5 15 5500, Support Assist OS Recovery

Hi, I recently bought a Dell G5 15 5500. After few weeks the HDD somehow stopped working. It wouldn't even spin. So I replaced it with a new SSD. But I have also lost the stock Support Assist OS Recovery Partition. And if I use the dell OS recovery tool it restores the windows ok but I have lost my

Question

Dell Support Assist fails on installation

Dell Supportassist keeps coming up with installation failed. How can I fix this? I have a Dell XPS 15 with i9 intel and Nvidia.   Thank you.

Question

supportassist crashes my laptop when updating

like the title says im having trouble updating supportassist so i can use it to get help for my laptop.

Question

Official Solution

Closed

Reduce disk space used by SARemediation

Obviously Support Assist exists for a reason and I use it. Disk analysis indicates Support Assist has 84 folders containing a total of 125,310 files  using 23 gigabytes of disk space. That's a massive amount of disk space for the tasks I use it for. Is there a way to reduce its footprint and

Question

windows hello is currently unavailable

Recently i bought a dell inspiron 5509 from dell online store. Everything works fine but when i try to set fingerprint in settings it shows windows hello fingerprint is currently unavailable. I don't know whether it is a software or hardware issue, and first of all i have to know whether my laptop h

Question

Dell G3 crash when SupportAssist Scanning Hardware

My Dell G3 crash every time I letting SupportAssist scan hardware. When I restart, SupportAssist On-board Disanogics greet me with the error: Memory crash. My laptop is still in warranty so I can't replace that memory. What shall I do? Thank, Dang

Question

Official Solution

SupportAssist stops mid installation on a Inspiron 3442

I've been trying to update my Inspiron 3442, but can't get SupportAssist to install. Each time I try I get the following error message: Translation: "Download Error. It was not possible to download the installation file. Check your internet connection e try again." This is most bizarre! I've trie

Question

Dell Security Advistory Update -- cannot be installed

To whom it may concern: Every time I attempt to run the updates on my Dell INSPIRON 3671, the critical update (Dell Security Advisory Update) fails to load. I purchased this desktop computer in December 2019; however, I did extend my warranty in December 2020. Any help you can share would be appr

Question

Problem with MyDell updating

Hi. I just tried to open 'MyDell' and it said there is an update which I must install to be able to continue to use 'MyDell', but it won't install, says to check my network connection! There is nothing wrong with the connection, even tried disabling the anti virus, firewall and all other security i

Question

Official Solution

Prevent Automatic Recycle Bin Emptying

There are several posts from last year requesting that SA comes with the option to prevent automatic clearing of the recycle bin. Many of us use the recycle bin to hold onto deleted files for a while in case we need to restore them, it's saved my bacon several times. In as least one post from last

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!