Search Results (364)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Support Assist Breaks System

My desktop PC: XPS8940, 8GB memory, single platter drive, 1TB. Support Assist version: V3.10.4 All system memory used up.   The desktop PC slows to a crawl. Was able to update BIOS and drivers successfully after multiple tries, so all up to date. Apparently Support Assist is failing t

Question

Precision M3800 System Recovery, Repair, Backup Files bloated to 141Gbytes

SupportAssist was removed some time ago as I no longer use this machine for work only for audio files. However C:\System Recovery and C:\System Recovery\Repair were active as recent as 09/14/21 and I want to remove these files but have been unable to as I do not have permission to do so. I thought

Question

pcdrsysinfocommunication.p5x Stop Working

Hello, In my reliability history, it states that pcdrsysinfocommunication.p5x stops working (at random in my opinion). This is connected to Dell SupportAssist. Does anyone know how to fix this so that I stop getting this message? Thanks

Question

SupportAssist Will Not Install

Hello all. SupportAssist is giving me headaches. I had it installed on my Alienware 17M. There was an issue with it so I uninstalled it and now can no longer install it. I get a message: “We were unable to complete the installation. Please reboot your PC and try again.” I can reboot but the sam

Question

Official Solution

SupportAssist will not install

I've followed all i can in the community post around the same query to no effect (the post under 7389523, I cant put link as wont let me post with it in there)   I've downloaded all Windows updates When I try to install SupportAssist I get a message "This installation requires an internet co

Question

Closed

SupportAssist won't install

My SupportAssist wasn't loading properly, so I followed the instructions to uninstall and reinstall it. Unfortunately, it won't reinstall. I click on the download link, then click on the file it downloads. It tells me it is downloading files and quickly counts up to 100%. Then it changes to "Gett

Question

Problems with Command Update in company environment

Hey everybody! We have a problem getting the command update setup in our company. The problem lies within our GPO-s that all the computers have because without them the command update works perfectly. The question is, can anyone help me with all the requirements the command update needs, like GPO w

Question

Official Solution

Update to SupportAssist v3.10.4.18 OK, Forced Update of SupportAssist OS Recovery Tools Fails

I have an Inspiron 5584 running Win 10 Pro v21H1. SupportAssist v3.10.3.3 successfully updated the SupportAssist OS Recovery Tools (a.k.a. SupportAssist Remediation) v5.5.0.16041 on 21-Oct-2021. System Repair is disabled in my SupportAssist settings (I use Macrium Reflect Free to create full disk im

Question

SupportAssist Backups Taking 26GB of storage, is it Safe to Delete?

Currently, SupportAssist is taking up 26GB of precious SSD storage space, and I would like to have that storage back. I have already disabled SupportAssist's backup feature, but yet the backups remain. I would like to know if it is safe to manually delete all of the backup files. I was able to find

Question

Nvidia GPU Driver Update

I have a G15 with Nvidia 3060 GPU running a U2720QM 4K monitor running in 4K. I am using the studio driver because I run Photoshop and Lightroom and not games.  The Dell Support Assistant wants me to update my Nvidia Driver but wants to download only the standard gaming driver which I have rep

Question

Official Solution

Fingerprint Scanner Not Found by System

Hello, Recently, I sent my Dell XPS 15 7950 laptop in to have a hardware issue resolved. After receiving the laptop back, the system can no longer find a Fingerprint Scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint. Furthermore, I tried downloading the Goodix Fingerprint Sensor driver manually. A

Question

file size -SAR REmediation

I have the system Repair settings at “recommended – 15 GB” in the Dell supportAssist tool. But in c:\ProgramData\Dell\SARemediation it is 103 GB. Why so big, and how to reduce that?

Question

XPS 8940, Dell software writing 230GB of logs

Hi, I have a Dell XPS 8940. Today I discovered my system drive was 450GB used, when it's supposed to be closer to 130GB used. Looking at Tree Size and WinDirStat, the problem was two log files over 130GB (gigabytes, not megabytes). They were at "c:\ProgramData\Dell\SARemediation\log\instantrestore",

Question

Official Solution

New version will not download

I repeatedly get the message that a new version is available and will be installed on this PC, already for several months. When I click "Yes, update now.", I immediately get the notification "We were unable to download a file for installation.  Check your internet connection and try again."&nb

Question

Official Solution

SupportAssist on a private network or intranet?

Hi, I am used to using Dell SupportAssist on a public network that has free access to the internet. Now I have a new job that uses a private network that does not have direct access to the internet. There is a web portal that can be used but that is accessed by a remote desktop connection to a pro

Question

SupportAssist Update Won't Allow Updates Saying "Remote Desktop Connection" is in Use.

In attempting to do an update using version 3.10.3.3 on a Windows 11 machine, SupportAssist states that I have two updates to do, but won't let me install them because of this error message:"You can't install updates using a Remote Desktop Connection" I am not remoted it, nor am I running this from

Question

Support Assist fails to install Intel update - Dell OptiPlex 7780 AIO

Fails near the end of the download of about 24 Mbyte Intel download. I've retried several times and re-booted my PC (Dell Optiplex 7780 AIO) to no avail.  It is the only critical update in the list.

Question

Closed

Support assist not installing

I am running on the Dell Inspiron 5510(2021) i7 variant, recently I get a notification from support assist app saying theres an update, while i let it update, it says that your pc ran into a problem and needs a restart.. while i have researched and have gone through the "Dell Support" youtube video.

Question

Dell SA overheating my machine?

Hi. I've been loving my XPS 13 9370 with Windows 10 x64 for 3+ years now.   Dell Support Assist, not so much. A few weeks ago I installed DSA, or maybe I just upgraded it - not sure.  I generally follow Dell's recommendations through the on-screen notifications without much scr

Question

SupportAssist Reinstallation Issue

We uninstalled Support Assist app to address the issue with Hardware Scan that is not working properly or stuck in the process during scan. When we tried to reinstall it by downloading from the support site during the installation process it returns "Your software is up to date", when we check

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!