Search Results (364)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Dell OS Recovery Tool

I was able to create this but when I try to use it the OS is in an Asian language, it's also Win 11 Pro and my system is Home. My gut feeling on this is that the original owner spoke a different language and when I purchased it from Dell Outlet the image wasn't corrected to the new OS. Any help woul

Question

XPS : SupportAssist failed to update then failed to reinstall

Hello, SupportAssist failed to update itself. Then I tried to uninstall/reinstall it using the Dell employee DELL-Chris M's SA Uninstall / Reinstall for instructions but it is still failing to install ! And in addition, the Dell Update app doesn't work anymore after having followed

Question

SupportAssist - We ran into an unexpected issue...

I've performed a clean install of my Dell XPS laptop. After the install, I installed a few programs, then ran SupportAssist. I got the error message... 'We ran into an unexpected issue with SupportAssist. Restart your PC and try again later'. I tried restarting a few times but it still wouldn't wo

Question

Official Solution

XPS 8930 SupportAssist

My XPS 8930 was restored to factory default from within Dell SupportAssist.Windows 10 have been updated to latest version.Running Dell Update from All App's shows that all Dell's updates have been applied.When running My Dell from Windows Tiles Menu, click Support tile SupportAssist Version 3.3.0 co

Question

Support Assist deletes Solitaire scores

I run spidersolitaire.exe, version 6.1.7600.16385, copyright=Microsoft, on my Windows 10 PC. When I run Dell Support Assist, my scores, preferences, and any other data disappear.  Why does this do this and is there a way to prevent it other than not using Support Assist?   Thanks.

Question

Official Solution

SupportAssist Failed Critical Update Installments

Hi, I am running a new XPS tower with Windows 11 Pro and SupportAssist 3.10.0. It keeps failing to install critical and recommended updates as shown in the picture below. The system in under warranty with active ProSupport package. I would appreciate some advice as to how to rectify this problem an

Question

Recent Dell Update Affecting Internet

Good day! I have an Inspiron 3650 that is almost 5 years old. I recently downloaded a Dell update, and now my internet speed has dropped significantly, where I can't watch videos and scrolling comes in blocks. Is there a way to uninstall the particular update or a fix for it? Hoping someone's ha

Question

Official Solution

WiFi not working on Inspiron 7400

The WiFi on the7400 was working well until I installed an ethernet USB adapter.  Now the WiFi is not displaying its ICON. 1. I have removed the ethernet adapter - No change. 2. Installed the current WiFi driver - No change 3. The network device in WIN shows "enabled" 4. Tried using "fn+prt

Question

Microsoft Defender FP Detection of SupportAssist OS Recovery (02-Mar-2022)

Please see Susan Bradley's 03-Mar-2022 Defender Reports False Positive on the AskWoody.com forum for more information. From what I understand from Gunter Born's Borncity.com article Microsoft Defender Falsely Reports Trojans on Dell Computers (March 2, 2022) that was mentioned in Susan's post, users

Question

XPS 8940 - PCIE Express - WPE01-EXC

My supportAssist scan my PC and i got hardware error. PCIE Express status failed. WPE01-EXC. Who has the same error message.  When I pull out and fix again graphic card and wireless card it passed the test. but after some time came to the same error message.

Question

Official Solution

Closed

Can't install SupportAssist

I have a Vostro 3500 running Windows 11 SupportAssistant stopped working, after using it a couple of times. I uninstalled it using IObit uninstall. I tried to download it again but when I run the setup file it was just not responding So how can I fix it?

Question

Official Solution

Closed

Support Assist Get Drivers and Downloads doesn't work

Support Assist on Windows 11 Inspiron 16plus 7610 Unable to check for drivers and download updates through Support Assist. Both on computer and on web gives the following error "Unable to download. We're sorry, there's a network delay. Please check your internet connection and try again". Internet

Question

Official Solution

Closed

Hardware troubleshooting results in 'warning'. Now what?

Hi. My integrated webcam isn't working, so i've gone to Troubleshooting in SupportAssist, and clicked 'I want to check a specific piece of hardware'. After choosing Camera, this is the outcome. Well that's not very helpful! Is there a next step that will result in my getting further info abou

Question

Official Solution

Support Assist not installing

Followed step by step 4 Germanium list of to do and deleted folders watched video regarding this problem following PC restart download fresh Support Assist Launcher.exe run as Administrator, but Support Assist still fails to load. I was with live support yesterday and tech couldn't get it to install

Question

SupportAssist 3.10.4 will not start

SupportAssist 3.10.4 Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (7391) Until today, SupportAssist has worked (in its clunky way) for about 22 months. Now it won't start. I have restarted the computer. I have uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled, and restarted. I have changed the Start type to Manual as reco

Question

Official Solution

Unable to install Dell Support Assist

Hello, I have a Dell Precision 5540 and i can not install Dell Support Assist. Every time when i try to install it i receive at the end after downloading step an error attached. Any ideea how to solve it?

Question

Dell Support Assist App not working on XPS 8940

Hello, I've noticed that the Dell Support Assist App does not appear to be working. I am using Windows 10 Pro (ver. 21H2, build 19044.1469).  I try to run it weekly, but it hasn't automatically detected any updates in several months.  I have found the website doesn't work either when I lo

Question

Hardware Scan Result (Manual) -Default Scan -Failed

When I use SA for scanning Hardware, I see this message. When I open errors I see the following: Network Card - Failed Error Code List PCI Express Status Test - WPE01-ELP Question: What is wrong with my notebook? Thanks.   

Question

dell support assist os recovery tool

I have dell Support assist OS recover tool 2.3.7010 i am not able to update it.

Question

Can't rid of Dell SupportAssist Pre-Boot System Performance Check after BIOS update Inspiron 3470

I completely reset my Inspiron 9470 to factory setup, and after all of the Windows updates everything seemed fine. I then saw that the Dell updater recommended updating several things including the bios, so I I did. There seemed to be a problem updating, as it took a long time and "transferred 3 up

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!