Search Results (364)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

XPS 8940, disable or remove SupportAssist

I have an XPS 8940 (i7-11700, RTX 2060 Super) that is almost a year old and therefore only a little time left on its warranty. The main issues I've had revolve around SupportAssist notifications about upgrading the BIOS, which starting with 2.4.0 have caused some startup issues.  Am wondering

Question

Support Assist

Hi, since today the Support Assist updates to newest version the Hadware scan didn`t start. I have a Aurora R10 v2 Win 11 and a X51 R3 Win 10 both have the same issue after today`s Update. Are any errors up on that update ? Reinstalling inclding download from website don`t fix the issue. Bes

Question

Unable to Uninstall Dell SupportAssist

I'm currently unable to uninstall OR even reinstall SupportAssist. I had to factory reset my system yesterday and SupportAssist was having issues starting, so I had attempted to remove it and try to reinstall it but have been completely unsuccessful. SupportAssist no longer shows up in the app drawe

Question

Official Solution

Closed

SupportAssist - installation failed message.

When opening SA today I was greeted with an update prompt. I went along with the update, however, it went no further than "downloading and starting up files", at which point the percentage bar went up to 100%, then gave me the error: "Installation failed - We were unable to complete the installation

Question

SupportAssist Recent activity shows Support Request that is NOT mine

This is weird, and smells of breach of integrity/confidentiality. From SupportAssist I get a notification that there is an update to a support request of mine, but when I click Check Online Status it says there is no match between that SR# and my e-mail address.     And yet, my histo

Question

Dell SupportAsssit

Hi, I encountered a major problem with Dell Support Assist couple of days ago. It told me to update as there was an update and when I did it kept saying: We are unable to validate a file for installation. This may be due to lost of internet connection. Check your connection and try again. So I unins

Question

dell support assistant not installing

hello i have got a support assistant update on my laptop latert that i have restart my laptop what i see that support assist not working and now from yeasterday 12pm to till not i am trying to install it always showing no internet connection and and installation cancelled please somebudy please hel

Question

Closed

Dell Optimizer crashes

I have constantly received this error when using Dell Optimizer (see attached). The message occurs and Optimizer crashes in 2 instances: 1. trying to view report from previous Workload Analysis or System Analysis under "Analytics" tab or 2. random crash of Dell Optimizer during atartup of Optimiz

Question

17 R5, Dell SupportAssist x64 v3.11.2.143 Installation failed

Programs and Features says Dell Support Assist v3.11.1.8 is installed, but it does not load, and right click on its task bar icon tries to install Dell Support Assist x64 v3.11.2.143.  Has anyone managed to install a working Dell Support Assist x64 v3.11.2.143 ? SupportAssistx64-3.1

Question

SupportAssist messages to update BIOS again and again ...

PC: Dell Optiplex 3080 desktop, BIOS Update to v. 2.110 (or v. 2.11.0?) Hello I have updated the BIOS with this version (v. 2.110) several times but the SupportAssist application urges me to install the same version again and again ... Do you have any idea what might happen? Note that, after the

Question

Unable to uninstall Dell support assist from my laptop running on Windows 10 Pro

Facing below screen shot, can someone please help on this?

Question

application installation error 0x000135

I'm trying to install dell support assist on dell inspiron 3671. I had to uninstall because I couldn't start. And now I uninstalled it, but I'm not sure if it uninstalled properly. I took some steps but it didn't help. I downloaded this application from your website that is the official della websit

Question

Official Solution

SupportAssist Hardware Scan Cancelled

If I try to run a Hardware Scan with Support assist I get a message that the Scan is Cancelled. I had started scanning the hardware from Dell's web site and I navigated to another tab.  Since then I've not been able to scan any hardware. Now if I run the scan from Dell's portal here's the er

Question

unable to install support assist

hello i am unable to install support assist i'm running a windows10 machine the error come a while after the download reach 100% ( maybe 3 minutes )

Question

Inspiron 5400 AIO, SA, Error code WPE-01 -E84

Ever since I got my Inspiron 5400 AIO 6 months ago, the diagnostic test in SA (SupportAssist) gives out the error code relating to "network card failed". This relates apparently to Realtek and is regarded, I understand as a false positive. In fact, in a 2018 post this seems to have been recognised b

Question

Closed

SupportAssist has stopped working

SupportAssist has been working OK on my PC since January but I haven't been able to get it to start in the last 2 weeks. see the screenshots below. Is there a log file anywhere that might help me find what the problem is? Win10 Pro, XPS8950   These are the 4 stages it goes through second

Question

Dell Update and Support Assist 5.5.2.16157

I have an XPS 15 9500 and the Dell Update keeps wanting to download Support Assist OS Recovery Tools 5.5.2.16157 which as far as I can tell does not exist. If I look in the list of available drivers and software for my laptop it does not appear and if I click on the reference link in Dell Update for

Question

dell support assist

Dell support assist ran a few days back and on checking the history it shows registry items cleared when it ran the tune performance section i cannot find a history of what was deleted is there any way to view these At the moment i have disabled support assist and in this respect treat it as malwar

Question

Official Solution

Cannot Install SupportAssist

I'm not able to install SupportAssist. I have a Dell Latitude 5590. Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H2 OS build 19044.1645 I get the following message: Restarting didn't help, so I looked in C:\ProgramData\dell\SupportAssist\Agent\logs\installer\installer.log and found these lines: 2022-04-1

Question

My Dell update problem

After resetting my laptop, my dell application started act weirdly so when i open it it asks for update which i must install but when i tap on install it asks for admin permission and then it again asks for update.....

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!