Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

Dell Support Assist Remediation

Hello, I have a brand new replacement XPS 8950, as the first one had TONS of software issues and glitches. I have booted into Windows 11, and I have removed McAfee.  I made an image of the C: drive before any of the dell updates or windows updates installed using Macrium Reflect 8.  Afte

Question

Alienware SuppportAssist not working

So I have downloaded version 3.12.3 of SupportAssist for Home Pcs. After initiating SupportAssist it goes to 'we are still working on it' and then ' This is taking longer than expected. We recommend restarting your PC and trying again'.  I have restarted a couple of times but still SupportAs

Question

Disable Pre-Boot Warning: Docking Station Charging

I have a G15 5520 that I'm currently using with a TB16 docking station. While the docking station is equipped to provide power through the Thunderbolt cable, the USB-C port on my laptop cannot receive power. This is not a major issue - I simply plug in the laptop's power adapter via the power port,

Question

The my dell appliction does not open

The my dell application is not opening recently .When i open the app it says "Starting service The application service must be started to run My Dell " When i click on the ok button below it a windows appear saying do you want this app to make changes to your computer and net command written below

Question

Dell Support Assist fails to install

Dell Support Assis told me today that there was a new version and took me to the new version download. it failed without telling me why but just said i have to reboot. after several reboots i removed the old version using windows 11 remove app option and tried again. still wont complete the installa

Question

Support Assist Errors and Driver detection not available

When using the built in Support Assist on my R11 I get the following: Drives& Downloads Scan (Manual) - No updates available - Error - No updates available When using Dells Driver& Download Web site, I get the following error when it uses Support Assist: Driver detection not availabl

Question

Inspiron 660, SA 3.11.4.29, Hardware Scan Error

SA (SupportAssist) for Home PCs won't display CPU when hovering over Service Tag information, CPU is blank! When Running All Scan, it scans all the way through to the end. Problem is when scanning hardware, it remains at 0% for about 8 minutes, then proceeds on to Clean Files. End result is a H

Question

support assist

Support assist is basically useless. Had to delete it from system, then reinstall it and it worked. Try it again a week or so later and it just won't work. delete from system, works ok....Then around we go. This has been an ongoing problem since I purchased this Dell computer. No use contacting Dell

Question

Closed

SupportAssist App Stopped Working

Running Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Insider Beta Channel. Dell XPS 8940. Out of the blue the SupportAssist app (v3.11.1) has stopped working. When I run the app the circle twiddles around for ages and eventually ends up with the message "This is taking longer than expected. We recommend restarting your PC

Question

"DS:SupportAssist not working after upgrading to Win 11."

Tried re-installing and failed, won't open.

Question

Closed

SupportAssist gives: An unexpected error occurred

This is a brand new laptop literally less than a week old. Trying to check for Drivers/Updates in SupportAssists gives the message: An unexpected error occurred. No error code or helpful information in the slightest, nothing in the logs that I can see or Event Viewer either. I can't check for update

Question

Cannot install Support Assistant software on Windows 11 after uninstall

I cannot install Support Assistant on Windows 11. I had problems updating it, so I uninstalled the software and tried to install it again. When I try to install the software (or previously update it), I get the message that the installation is impossible and that I should reboot the computer and try

Question

What is DDVCollectorSvcApi.exe?

what is DDVCollectorSvcApi.exe. Can I disable this in system processes?

Question

17 R5, SupportAssist x64 v3.12.5.0 or v3.12.1.180 installation invalid

SupportAssist update installation invalid. See images that dispute SupportAssist version and declares that installation location is invalid. Dell SupportAssist application has been repeatedly removed and reinstalled to reinstate its full function, and Alienware 17 R5's Diagnostics, and Drivers &

Question

Support Assist update will not install

Support Assist update

Question

Difference between "Dell SupportAssist" and "Dell Update" for drivers update

I was using Dell SupportAssist on my old laptop. I am currently using Dell Update instead. Both applications do the same - they search for the latest drivers and install them. So what's the difference between them when it comes to finding and updating drivers?

Question

Dell.TechHub.Instrumentation.SubAgent problems - short duration high resource usage

Good morning all, I am having some problems with the Dell Instrumentation process (Dell.TechHub.Instrumentation.SubAgent) on an Alienware 13 R2. Details are: C:\Program Files\Dell\DTP\InstrumentationSubAgent   - 1.0.106.4173 I am finding every 10-15 min the PC freezes, the CPU fan spins up t

Question

Support Assist and automatically driver updates fail on XPS 15 9570 Windows 11

I tried to upgrade my Support Assist version several times today and it failed each time, advising that I restart my XPS 15 9570, which I did. Using the older version of Assist version, it can do everything but help me update my drivers, Bios, etc. I did try to update my drivers on the online

Question

Windows Universal Application 4.6.0 A00

Hey there, Regarding the referenced update file - the installation of this file is causing my Dell Support Assist program to have issues in searching for further updates. The program initially finds the Windows Universal Application program and asks to install it. After installation and retstart,

Question

Aurora R12, SA fails to install "critical" Intel updates

One month old Aurora R12 - SA (SupportAssist) keeps on telling me that I need to perform the following "critical update": ------------------------------- Intel AX411/AX211/AX210/AX200/AX201/9260/9560/9462 Wi-Fi UWD Driver This package contains the driver for the Intel AX411, AX211, AX210, AX201,

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!