Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
W

Community Accepted Solution

m15 R1, SA error Task is currently in progress

Good Evening, I am consistently getting the error "A task is currently in progress, wait for previous task to finish" whenever I try to run support assist but I am unable to find any reason for this. Please advise how to correct this. Thank you 

Question

Dell Support Assist

Hi, I'm able to get the Dell Migrate option in Dell Support Assist on this computer (Latitude E7240 Ultrabook, but not on my Optiflex Micro.  Any idea on why this would be ? Regards, David ***Private Information Removed***

Question

SupportAssist 3.10.4 Unexpected Issue

Running SupportAssist 3.10.4 returns the error "We ran into an unexpected issue with SupportAssist. Restart your PC and try again later". Tried that, no change. Tried a repair in Windows Settings - apps, still no change. Running Windows 11 10.0.2261 on Dell Inspirion 13 7000 2 in 1

Question

Precision 5540 - SupportAssist - Unexpected error occurred

All of a sudden Dell SupportAssist stopped working. It giving Unexpected error during driver scan. Looks both my personal and office laptops are showing the same error. OS : Windows 11 Pro SupportAssist Version : 3.14 Tried all these Reinstalled app - no help .NET frameworks installed

Question

Official Solution

Dell.Tech.Hub.Instrumentation.UserProcess.exe Application error - exception 0xe0434352

Hello I have an application error window that will not go away and no information on how to fix.  The error says: The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434352) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FF8ECAD4B2C Can anyone help with how I can resolve it?   Thanks!

Question

Closed

New Norton Driver Updater Utility

XPS8940 running Windows 10 Pro (64)I was torn between posting this in the XPS Community boards or here...so it appears I chose here.Norton (Symantec or whatever they're calling themselves these days) has a new utility called Norton Driver Updater, which is supposed to scan your PC and produce a list

Question

Closed

Supportassist email

I received an email today thanking me for registering to supportassist which included my phone number I had entered supposedly upon registration. I'm pretty sure I registered over 2 years ago . Email was: SupportAssist_NoReply@dell.com Details below. Congrats! Your installation and registratio

Question

Closed

SupportAssist 3.14 - no longer work after latest update

SupportAssist updated to version 3.14  when I started my m15 R3 Alienware machine last night. Now - SupportAssist 3.14 no longer works.  When I run the checks - tune Performance and Optimize Network fail to run. Also the 'Scan Hardware' function takes seconds and my fans don't spin up l

Question

Closed

Support Assist giving multiple errors

I have tried countless times to clean files, tune performance, and optimize the network and though it used to work for me, it just doesn't seem to anymore. When I do a full scan and "run all" it still goes through them all with percentage descriptors for how done it is, as if it was actually cleanin

Question

Official Solution

Closed

im having a issues to open Supportassist

"we ran into an unexpected issue with supportassist "everytime when i try to opened it , i wait for few min and then that is what it will show how can i solve this problem 

Question

Closed

Manual Driver Insallation? Is it safe?

So is it safe to go to the "driver and downloads" area and then attempt to manually install all of the drivers that are listed for your service tag? The automatic SupportAssist has gotten confused and thinks my pc is fully up to date. I know this is not true because I can go to the Windows Device Ma

Question

Closed

SupportAssist: Won't Run, Can't Uninstall or Reinstall It

I've been trying for the last several days to run Dell SupportAssist (version 3.13.2.14) on my Vostro 15-7500 laptop. All I ever get is the message, "This is taking longer than expected. We recommend restarting your PC and trying again later." This hasn't worked in the last several days. If I run t

Question

Closed

brand new XPS17 issues with locking up, blue screen and update of SupportAssist

WOW... I have been a Dell user for decades starting when they took over, I believe, Gateway so I'm quite familiar with the idiosyncrasies of Dell's PCs and Laptops over the years. This includes times when their own developed software including support software has had issues. I have recently bought

Question

SupportAssist "Task in Progress" error for Update Drivers

SupportAssist updated and then I had it run all - on a Windows 10 pc. It started two at once - Clean Files and Update Drivers. Clean Files completed. Update drivers locked up at 25%. I closed and re-booted. I tried starting again. It went right into Update Drivers and gives the message "Task in Prog

Question

Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery Plugin for Dell Update Rolled Back to v5.5.4.16189

Has anyone having problems updating to Dell Update v4.8.0 noticed something similar to the issue I've described below? The support page <here> for my Inspiron 5584 currently lists Dell Update for Windows Universal v4.8.0 (Dell-Update-Windows-Universal-Application_0RCG0_WIN_4.8.0_A00.EXE, rel.

Question

Windows Lock Screen Enters Standby After 1 Minute Due to Dell Optimizer Proximity Sensor

Hello,Dell Optimizer VS 3.2.212.0 came installed on my new Dell. Upon starting up the Lock Screen goes into standby mode within less than 1 minute. The fix from Dell is to select the Proximity Sensor within Dell Optimizer App-which DOES NOT exist. Can I uninstall Dell Optimizer to eliminate this

Question

DellSupportAssistRemedationService.exe makes my pc crash

Hello, Its been 2 week since i had this issue, i just reset the pc to factory settings via supportassist os recovery, but the problem still persist, here is the event viewer log: Faulting application name: DellSupportAssistRemedationService.exe, version: 5.5.5.16206, time stamp: 0xb967aa8aFaulting

Question

Dell SupportAssist can't update BIOS from A23 to A28

Hi, Dell SupportAssist can't update BIOS from A23 to A28. Message: failed. Please help.

Question

Windows 11 password and PIN

I think this is true, but hope it's not and want to make sure. I'm now using Windows 11 (not by choice) and can't use my new Dell Inspiron 3910 (nice machine) WITHOUT entering a Microsoft account password or PIN. That is, I cannot simply turn on my own personal computer, fully paid for, in my own ho

Question

Reliability Monitor Logging FirmwareTPM.exe APPCRASHs Since 19-Nov-2022

I have a Dell Inspiron 5584 running Win 10 Pro v22H2. Since 19-Nov-2022 I’ve been seeing errors for a FirmwareTPM.exe APPCRASH logged in my Win 10 Reliability Monitor. This error can occur multiple times a day or I can go 4 or 5 days without a crash. These crashes occur silently and seem to be harml

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!