Search

Search Results (364)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Should Dell SupportAssist and Dell Update Work After Warranty Expires?

I have Dell SupportAssist v3.0.7.148 and Dell Update v3.1.3 installed on my Inspiron 15 5584. My one-year service warranty expired on 07-Oct-2020. I noticed an update for the Dell Update Application v4.0.0 was posted 09-Nov-2020 on the Drivers & Downloads tab of the Inspiron 5584 support page a

Question

XPS 8910, drivers and updates are failing to download

Drivers and updates are failing to download, regardless of the browser I use.

Question

XPS 13 7390, update SupportAssist OS Recovery fails

Hi, SupportAssist keeps telling me that i have an important update: "SupportAssist OS Recovery Tools". Clicking the install button fails every time. Nice product this SupportAssist! :-{ Regards, Hans Scholte  

Question

constant notifications from Support Assist

Ever since my warranty expired a couple of months ago, I get notifications to run support assist 4-5 times a day. Doesn't matter if I run support assist or not, I still get constant notifications. Does anyone know how to turn notifications off? They're very annoying.  

Question

SA OS Recovery, insufficcient space, Inspiron 3250

When starting SA OS Recovery (not SA), there always appears a black window saying "Paused capturing snapshots due to insufficient disc space. We will automatically resume capturing snapshots once you free up enough disk space." (disc and disk are sic ) What should I do? In the Windows Notificatio

Question

XPS 8930, SA 10 minute scan runs for 7 hours?

The last couple of times I've attempted a Hardware Scan using SA (SupportAssist) it's never finished (I killed it after 7 hours or more). This is a relatively new machine XPS 8930 with a 2TB SSD, and another 2TB HDD. The first few scans ran normally, but now it seems stuck @ 55% complete. It is usin

Question

Official Solution

SupportAssist needs settings to disable certain phases

SupportAssist needs to have (a) setting(s) to turn off auto run of specific phases. I do NOT want it emptying my Recycle Bin. Not Now, Not EVER!!!! (And who knows what all other files it thinks are "redundant", "temporary", and "inessential clutter".) I'm also not a fan of it thinking it knows best

Question

Dell SupportAssist created backup

I just got a notification that Dell SupportAssist had created a backup of some files. Why did it do that? We make our own backups and have never asked the system to do that? How do we turn this functionality off? Where did it place the backups and how do we remove them? There's no message or a

Question

Vostro 5590, poor SSD write speed, CPU limited to 78%

I recently bought a Dell Vostro 5590, Processor Intel Core i7 10510U, SSD PM991 NVMe Samsung 512 GB. I noticed some poor performance for opening files/images, so I conducted an SSD test using "Crystal Disk Mark". The sequential read speed seems to be OK - 2161 MB/s, though I noticed that the write s

Question

Dell Support Assistant Woes

Hello, I had been running the system check function on Support Assistant (SA) on my Dell G5 5090 fairly regularly and without issue up until a couple of weeks ago when the recommended updates would not install. Wish I'd taken a screenshot but I thought I would just try again another time. The nex

Question

Official Solution

SupportAssist is displaying updates already installed by Dell Update

I have both Dell Update and SupportAssist installed on my Dell Inspiron 7579. Even after updating my laptop using Dell Update, the same updates show up when I start SupportAssist. SupportAssist should have a way of knowing which updates have already been installed on the laptop.

Question

XPS 8930, SA OS recovery tools v5.1.4.11989, fails

Hope someone from Dell Support can help me. I have the EXACT same problem as Russ Elliot. Having an XPS 8930 that fails to install SA (SupportAssist) OS recovery tools v5.1.4.11989 since August. Dell says it is an "urgent" update so I am concerned it fails to install.  Shouldn't have this prob

Question

Unable to Run Hardware Scan on Dell Support Assistant

Since June 2020, I have been unable to run Hardware Scan on Dell Support Assistant. This may correspond to the latest Windows 10 mega update. All other Support Assistant functions work fine. I have latest version of Dell Support installed. However, if I try to run similar process through Troublesho

Question

Dell XPS 15 9560 Bios update 1.9.1

Hi all, im having a problem similar to the topic below. https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist-for-PCs/Dell-XPS-15-9570-System-BIOS-ver-1-9-1-update-failed-to-install/td-p/7292608/page/2 Dell support assist (version 3.5.0) adviced me to update an important bios update, version 1.9.1. When i

Question

SupportAssist reports wrong Service Tag Code

SupportAssist on my Inspiron 3585 reports a Service Tag Code which is different from that shown on the label or by the BIOS. I think this might explain some strange behaviour - SupportAssist often tells me of driver updates which don't need updating.  This may be because the laptop had been re

Question

updating radeon software

Hi, I got an Inspiron 8350 with core i7, 8gb ram and 256ssd which is still under warranty. The amd radeon software notified me that it needs updating. It won't update using dell update or support assisst. Is there another way to update it? I looked around inside the radeon software but couldn't fin

Question

Bluetooth stopped working - Code 43

Hello, the bluetooth on my Alienware Aurora R11 has stopped working, the action centre no longer shows the bluetooth option, and in device manager, under bluetooth-, properties, the Qualcomm QCA9377 says that the device is no longer working properly and gives code 43... any fixes?

Question

Closed

Dell Migrate, move or copy files?

Hi Forum Folke, Man, for such a simple question, I'm having an awful time finding an answer... and as usual, Dell is proving useless. A service request sent me an acknowledgement and a case number, but has gone unanswered for a week. All I'm trying to find out is: Does Dell Migrate *move* files f

Question

SupportAssist OS Recovery Tools 5.1.3.11985 Failing to install

I am prompted to install the SupportAssist OS Recovery Tools 5.1.3.11985, however it fails to install. Have attempted several times with the same result. Please advise how I can resolve this issue. Dell Inspiron 5593 Regards, Kurt

Question

Why does support assist attempt to connect to internet (firewall detected) after I have uninstalled it?

Pretty self explanatory, my firewall detected support assist attempted to connect externally after I have uninstalled it. How is that possible? The file path appears legitimate though, so I am confused. Any suggestions?

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!