Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
SW

Community Accepted Solution

Dell Inspiron 560s app opening and closing again

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 560s that has a problem where Windows apps (including Photos, Films & TV, Calendar, and Calculator) open and then immediately close again. I have tried every troubleshooting step I can find on the internet and now resorted to formatting and reinstalling Windows 10 ver

Question

Dell 5676 PC. Upgrading motherboard and CPU.

Howdy brains-trust By CPU has fried itself so I need to purchase/upgrade to a new one. However, I figure if I am going to upgrade the CPU I may as well upgrade the MB as well. Has anyone done this recently, and what did they upgrade to?  Where you able to do it without cutting, changing the bo

Question

Which port to use for the monitor?

I would be very grateful for any help/advice! I have today taken delivery of an Inspiron 3020 Desktop with a NVIDIA GeForce 3050 graphics card (so that my grandchildren can play games when they visit). .The instructions state that I need to ensure that the monitor is ‘plugged into’ the graphics c

Question

Iris XE Graphics Driver Updates fail on Inspiron 5400 AIO

The latest Dell driver (NP8CG_WIN64_31.0.101.4575_A09.EXE) for the Inspiron 5400 AIO on the Support site works fine. However, there have been lots of Intel updates (31.0.101.5084, 31.0.101.5085, 31.0.101.5186) since July 2023 and none of them work. If you install any of them you get a 0xC00000E5 e

Question

attempting to download a firmware update and need help with the ethernet hookup

I have a hardware device (electric motor drive controller for an amateur astronomical telescope) and wish to install the most recent firmware from the manufacturer's website. They give instructions there that include LAN ethernet connections, something I have zero experience with apart from the fact

Question

Inspiron 3020, restore keyboard controller?

I have a Dell Inspiron 3020 (DP & USB) and Dell Inspiron 3847(HDMI and USB) both connected to my Dell U3423WE monitor. My single keyboard is connected to the U3423WE. By selecting input using the monitor joystick I can move between computers. It's brilliant. Inspiron 3020 has now stopped respo

Question

Does inspiron 3671 support NVME storage protocol or only AHCI?

Does inspiron 3671 support NVME storage protocol or only AHCI? Thank you

Question

Inspiron 3020 Power Supply Compatibility

I want a power supply with more watts for a GPU in my Inspiron 3020. Will this one work? The listing title has Inspiron 3020 in it and it looks like it takes the same 8 pin and 4 pin connectors for the motherboard. Just want to make sure I am getting the right thing.

Question

OS shipped on sata HDD, not M.2

I just received delivery of an Inspiron aio 7720 from Dell (outlet). It has two storage devices a 512gb M.2 SSD and a 1tb sata HDD. It is configured with the OS on the slow HDD and the SSD is blank labelled as "DATA (D:)". Booting is really slow and performance is poor. What should I do?

Question

Trouble booting from m.2 SSD

Currently I have an inspiron 3671 with windows 11 installed on both a new m.2 SSD and the original Sata HDD. I don’t remember exactly how this started but for some reason I’m not able to get past the initial boot with only the m.2 drive. I need the HDD installed in order to boot to a menu where I ca

Question

install a bootable usb in dell dekstop

Hi how install  a bootable usb  in  G5  5090   dekstop dell... ? i want to  install the windows 11 thank  George

Question

problem with cpu usage

Hi i have a desktop  G5  5090 yesterday  i  receive  a  bios update  ( v 1.23)   from  support assistant program  and   the drives for   graphics  card  tomorrow  i  see that the usage of cpu is  &nb

Question

Upgrade Inspiron 23 5348 CPU from i3-4150 to i7-4790K?

I've got a client's Inspiron 23 5348 AIO, and I'm going to upgrade the hard drive to an SSD. Since I'll have the machine open anyway, I was looking into processor upgrades. It has a 0XHYJF motherboard in it with an i3-4150 processor in it. I was considering upgrading the processor, but I was concern

Question

BIOS wont' find SSD

Dell sold my aunt a laughably terrible computer: 8GB ram, 1TB HDD. Needlessly to say it was too slow to use, esp with Windows. We upgraded the RAM. System performance improved. Next she bought a WD SSD. The BIOS/UEFI will not see the disk as an option at boot. I've gone into the one-time boot menu,

Question

Inspiron 27 7720 All-in-One, 3rd party stand?

My old computer had one foot for the stand right in the middle which was nice as it allowed the computer to be placed in the back corner of the desk. This 7720 has the two feet at each end of the monitor which is resulting in a lot of dead space on my desk.  What are some stands that I can use

Question

New computer will not 'see' the monitor.

My 8 year old desktop computer crashed and I bought a Dell Inspiron Desktop - 13th Gen Intel Core i7-13700 - GeForce RTX 3060 - Windows 11.   I bought a new DVI to DisplayPort Cable, which was required, since the new computer only had a DisplayPort and the monitor had serial and DVI connec

Question

Dell Inspiron 3847 MT

Can you put a Pcie Express (4x) To m.2 Nvme Adapter in a Dell Inspiron 3847 MT?

Question

Dell inspiron 660s gaming motherboard upgrade?!

i wanna build a sleeper build gaming PC with my old computer but i cant seem to find a gaming motherboard that could fit my PC case. Anyone got any ideas?

Question

BIOS update always fails

Hello, the BIOS update to version 1.8.0 (released 10/16/2023, currently installed 1.1.0) for my Inspiron 3020 desktop always fails. Both directly via the Dell update and when running the downloaded exe file. There is always a notification that a reboot is required (see image, German language). Howev

Question

Inspiron 3020 Small Form Desk Top will not load

I purchased this from Costco. I cannot get it to load. There is power going to it but nothing on the monitor.

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!