Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
A

Community Accepted Solution

Alienware 15 R3 Mechanical Hard Drive maximum size

Greetings community. I recently purchased the Alienware 15 R3 with the base storage options with the intent to immediately upgrade upon delivery.  I cannot seem to find any answers out there regarding the largest 2.5" drive this model will accept.  I can now find sizes up to 5Tb, but

Question

Can someone give me advice for Graphics Card set in old alienware 15?

I have two questions for new Graphics Card set in old alienware 15. 1. can i upgrade my old alienware 15 with out dell alienware graphics amplifier? for now i have alienware 15 with GTX980M and i know there is new alienware 15 with GTX 10** series. so if it's possible, i want

Question

Killer 1435 in AW13R3 Dropping Internet Connection

Received my new AW13R3 OLED this week. Overall the build quality of the device seems to be high, but the software drivers for the 1435 wifi card appear to be of low quality.   I randomly lose my internet connection where other devices in the house are unaffected.  I have seen similar com

Question

Aurora R5 - random lockups and shutdowns

Hi there, Since November, when I bought a new Aurora R5 with Windows 10 Home 64-bit, I've had a problem of random shutdowns. For example, I'd walk away from my computer and come back an hour later to find it turned off. When I'd press the button, it would boot up as though nothing had happened. The

Question

Windows Hello Alienware 15R3

"New" Refurb 15R3 from the outlet. Amazing computer so far. Miles away from my 13" Macbook. Problem is I cant get Windows Hello to work. Every time I try to set it up it say "Cant turn on camera. Make sure its working properly". The camera works great in the app and in Skype. I have my Microsoft

Question

SSD warning

If anybody is considering adding an SSD to your computer DONT! Dell advertises it as faster boot up times, but in reality it becomes your default drive so you SEVERLY limit your savable space.  Purchased 1TB with 256 SSD.  Later discovered the SSD is now full because Windows automatically

Question

No Audio Output after RealTek audio update on Alienware 13 R#

On 15th Feb, RealTek High Definition Audio Drivers were pushed as an updated, after the update I am not getting any audio output on my Alienware. Only when I open "Alienware Sound Center" - the audio output returns to normal, looks like a conflict between drivers.

Question

GPU upgrades for Aurora R5

I bought recently an Aurora R5, but maybe I chose a too limited GPU: GTX 960 with 2GB DDR5. I've been perusing Amazon for other cards to upgrade in a near future. maybe a GTX 1060 or 1070 without SLI, single card. But I see many with fancy shapes and plenty of fans. [*-)] Should any card fit in th

Question

Problem booting up (X51 R2)

Hello, I have an Alienware X51 R2 and it had worked wonders for a couple of years. A couple months ago it started to fail: it booted up, immediately shut down by itself and on again, and off again, and so on until I powered it down by pressing for 10 seconds the power button. That started to hap

Question

Alienware Sleep Mode

Hello. I recently purchased a second-hand Alienware Aurora R3 and was wondering what the best option for sleep mode would be.  Given all of the hardware inside (3HDD's, multiple fans, water cooling pump, etc ..) I was also wondering if waking from sleep mode multiple times a day will have any

Question

Alienware audio update problem

I just got an alienware audio update about an hour ago, now it just has not working, when it does work (which is after about 3 restarts) it is extremely distorted. i downloaded the audio drivers from : http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/4/product-support/product/alienware-17-r3/drivers/advan

Question

R3 15 nvme drive visible in bios but not windows

Hi folks, please be gentle with me as this is my first encounter with an alienware machine and I am finding myself stumbling rather more than expected. Long story short I purchased an R3 refurbished by Dell which came with a 1tb disk. I swapped this out for my samsung 120gb ssd which already had m

Question

Using more than 16 GB of HyperX DDR4 2400 MHz, XMP memory in an Aurora R5

With the early release of the Aurora R5, the system officially only supported 16 GB of 2400 MHz memory using XMP.  Has that changed so that more than 16 GB is now supported? My plans, to install 32 GB of HyperX DDR4, 2400 MHz, XMP. As for the memory voltage, is 1.2V only suppo

Question

Alienware 15 R3 - TacX Macro Keys Per Game

Is there any way to bind TacX macro keys per game like the way you can change the lighting per game? Thanks!

Question

HDD driver problems

Hello, this is my first post to the forum and i'm afraid it has to start with a question... I have an Alienware Aurora ALX R1 and was installing a new OS (windows 7) and everything was going fine. After i installed the HDD drivers such as: Intel_Matrix-Storage-Manager_A01_R235890.exe Silicon-In

Question

330w PSU won't power my X51 R3?

Hello, I just recently upgraded my graphics card to a GTX 1060 in my Alienware X51 R3. In doing so, I had to get a new psu as well. I posted another question about it and was told to get a 330w psu. I got the Dell 330W Replacement AC Adapter for Dell Alienware x51 Desktop, Alienware M18x M18x R1, R2

Question

x51 r2 gfx upgrade ???

hi I'm going to need to upgrade my gfx card have 330 watt power supply so what power supply and gfx cards will fit in my x51 r2 have a GeForce 745 and want to run battlefield one at optimal have i5 16 gig of ram ???

Question

Aurora BIOS can't see new SSD

Hello. I have an Aurora desktop (just plain Aurora), and I got tired of replacing my system disk every couple of years, so I bought an M.2 SSD (My Digital SSD, BPX).  The mfr sent me an adaptor that lets me plug the SSD into a long expansion slot.  (I took  out the super-duper networ

Question

ram upgrade issues/ overclock failed warning

Trying to replace old 9 gig 1066 ram with 1333hz ram in Aurora (R1 2010 model) with 920 @2.67ghz processor Bios A11, but on boot I get the 4 beeps ram warning and black screen -- put old ram back in and on booting it said previous overclocking failed returning to default settings. Can you suggest wh

Question

Command Center/Alien FX Issue on 15r3

My laptop is only two days old and I am having the following problem: The Alienware FX Command Center is not working properly on my 15r3. The LED lights will not change and they just stay on even the laptop is suppose to be sleeping with the monitor closed. This is the error message I get if I go i

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!