Search Results (2.8K)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Compatibity question on Memory Upgrade for Alienware 17R3

Plan to purchase: Patriot Viper 32GB (2 x 16G) 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) , is it compatible. I think so, but need assurance I know What I think I know. 8)

Question

Unknown device &iphone not connectiong

Hi , Alienware 13 , 2015 model with touchscreen , win 10 pro . problem one : other devices /unknown device exclamation mark . tried every dell driver I can find but still got the problem Issue two : cant connect iphone 5 or 5s . iphone screen just flashes , tries to connect but wont . tried

Question

Aurora R5 Firewire Card

Does anybody know of a firewire card that will fit the R5? What connector is that? There are two slots under the graphics card. Right under the graphics card is a short connector and beneath that is a longer one like the one used by the graphics card. The first firewire card I bought was PCI and tha

Question

Area 51 R2 and Custom Design GTX 1080 Ti?

Dear Community, Money from tax refund is in the bank ;-) , so I want to upgrade the graphic card of my Area 51 R2. I have two questions for anyone who has done this before:   Does a custom design graphic card fit in the case? The fixation looks pretty special to me,

Question

What are the part #for the Area 51 power supply 850W vs 1500W

What are the Dell part numbers for the AREA 51 power supplies aka 850W vs 1500W? Can they be ordered?

Question

Aurora R4 replacement graphics card

Goodmorning, Is there a list available for what has been tested by the community for the Aurora R4? I'm afraid last night the computer, after a long time of working only on 1 graphics card for awhile has crashed and died. Specs: Model: Aurora R4 (Desktop) Graphics card: ATI Rade

Question

Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro

Is there anyway to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro? I purchased my laptop with Windows 10 Home, knowing I have a full (i.e. not upgrade) pro licence. However, if I try to do a clean install, Windows setup does not ask for my activation key, but installs Home straight-away using the OEM activ

Question

Is the Aurora R6 Intel Optane compatible?

Exactly as stated in the title. Was searching around and can't get a confirmed answer if Intel Optane would work.

Question

Is it possible to sli an alienware 17 R4 1070 GTX with another pci-e 1070 GTX?

Is it possible to sli an alienware 17 R4 1070 GTX with another pci-e 1070 GTX?

Question

Alienware Aurora R6 BIOS Update Problem

I received a new Alienware Aurora R6 system with Windows 10 Home, 8GB of RAM, a 1TB hard drive, and an ATI RX480 8GB graphics card. I have been trying to update everything to the latest drivers, but I cannot flash the BIOS.  It currently has version 1.01 of the BIOS, but 1.04 is the latest one

Question

Tried to change bios to uefi

Now getting a black screen with Alienware on it but won't go into settings or boot options the light up if you select but just hangs

Question

Aurora r5 motherboard

The website states that the form factor of the motherboard is a mATX, so is it possible to change it with an aftermarket mobo? Or does a OEM motherboard from DELL means that only their motherboards can fit?

Question

Sound Center Update Speakers Stop Working

Hi, I just received a notification sound center needs an update so I install and restart. No my speakers are not working. How do I fix this?

Question

Alienware 13 R3 (March 2017) AlienFX tester "no board detected"

I have just received my Alienware 13 R3 and performed what (in the context of the present discussion) amounts to a re-install of windows. After installing the Alienware Command Center, I encountered numerous "object reference" problems (i.e. NULL pointers) upon starting it. Running the AlienFX teste

Question

Alienware Aurora R2 upgrade

Hello, I have an Alienware Aurora R2 with dual GPU AMD Radeon 6950 in crossfire. I had a long list of problems with these GPU's (they where both exchanged once during warranty) and now I'm having problems with them again. I would like to change them with something newer but I don't know what are the

Question

Closed

Alienware Aurora R6 clicking noise

So I've looked it up for a bit but I can't find anything definitive on the matter. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the PSU but it doesn't look like anything is colliding with the fan. I'm not sure what it could be. [View:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPi2P8DspOo:550:0] Here's a video of the pro

Question

GTX 1080 TI

I'm trying to find out if my alienware 07jnh0 a02 motherboard is compatible with the new GTX 1080 TI? This is the first time I'm trying to upgrade any hardware in my system so iI'm looking for some help from someone more experienced than myself so I don't waste $700. Thank you for any help.

Question

13R3 OLED AlienFX Controller not functioning, no backlighting

This is a new issue that cropped up today. My 13R3 is about a month old, all has been fine outside of the initially buggy wifi drivers.  Today I noticed the backlighting was off and would not come on either via the fn+F12 or via taskbar commands.  Restarting did not help, nor did changi

Question

Aurora-R6 : Hard-Lockup and crash while gaming (SOLVED)

On 3-9-2016 I had a hard-lockup while playing Fallout-4 (Steam version). I was unable to access Task-Manager. The (two week old) Aurora-R6 rebooted itself shortly there-after. It was pretty scary since it first looked like the SSD had fried. On consecutive reboots (and even attempted cold boots

Question

Swapping SSDs between an Alienware 13 R3 and a Dell XPS 15 9550

Hi experts, I have been using a Dell XPS 15 9550 for work since last August, and have just purchased an Alienware 13 R3 for better graphics. I'm worrying about the way to migrate from the former to the latter with least disruption. If I have to start with the new machine from scratch, it will take

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!