Search Results (2.8K)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

M18x r2

I noticed (while I was busy) some info about updating m18x r2  to win 10.  The posts didn't seem all too positive. This makes me a bit squirmish about trying it since I donnot have the win 7 install media, *I know I could get one).    None the less ,  are ther

Question

just bought but hasn't come in yet 2666mhz ram will it work

I have an aurora r6 i7 7700 not k and i just bought Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz C15 Memory Kit (CMD32GX4M2A2666C15) not realizing i cant turn on xmp will the ram work at all 

Question

Aurora R6 extra sata power connections?

I recently upgraded from an Aurora R2 to the R6. I had 4 hard drives and an optical drive in my R2, and am trying to move the hard drives over. My R6 shipped with an m.2 drive, so I'm keeping that. After hooking up 3 of the drives, I still have a spare sata data connection on the motherboard, but do

Question

Razer Tiamat + Aurora R4 no bass?

Hello together, I have an Alienware Aurora R4 (from October 14) and bought a Razer Tiamat recently. It seems the Aurora does have all the plugs for the Tiamat but there is absolutely no bass (I can hear everything else pretty clear). Does somebody else have the same issues or knows a solution?

Question

AreA 51 r2

Can anyone suggest a solution here.? area 51 r2 i7 5930k 32 gb crucial ddr4 2666/2133/2400 2x titanx (pascal) 256gb ssd/4tb hdd @5400 I updated to A12 bios.  Replaced the cpu/processor with a 6900k Broadwell, Turned on the machine..No beeps   seemed to startup ok, but to signal

Question

Does a GTX 1080 Ti (Zotac Amp Extreme) work with R4?

Hi fellow Alienware gamers, I recently bought a 1080 for my Alienware and tried to install it, but all I am getting is the 6 beeps on startup of my system. My Alienware is from October 2014 and with its 875W should be able to handle the new graphics card. I used the GTX 770 before but wanted

Question

Alienware x51 r2 undetected RAM beeping

A few weeks ago, my computer (x51 r2) started crashing and beeping one time repeatedly after I turned it off and then on. I watched videos of people having the same problem. Some of the comments of the videos said that they just removed the RAM and placed it back in and it worked for them. Today,

Question

Aurora R5 Vibrating Sound?

So I've had my R5 since January and ever since getting it on and off I keep getting a vibration sound coming from deep inside. Pretty stuck as what to do. Have opened up the sides and checked. Tightened areas of the case and checked the fans. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

Question

MIO Board Fan vs System Board Fan - Non Dell

Hello fellow Aliens, for those who retain MIO abilities while using a non Dell motherboard, I have a question about how fans are governed. What happens to the way Windows controls fans? I mean, do you have conflicts between MIO fan controller and Motherboard fan controller? What happens

Question

Replacing Alienware Fans + Airflow Concern

Hi fellow Aliens, I have a question. After performing autopsy on an Aurora R4, I decided to replace its aging fans. My questions are: 1. Is it necessary to use fans with same airflow? E.g. replacing 180 cfm with a slower one. 2. I plan to use air cooler and how important is the main 120 mm

Question

PCIE power cord pin layout for sleeving (Area 51 R2)

I want to sleeve the cables of my Area 51 R2. Because I'm running a single GPU setup, I decided to practice with the sparse PCIE power cord sets. In the process, I stumbled upon two questions: Are the PCIE power cord sets (cables from PSU to graphic card) interchangeable? They are labeled w

Question

X51 hard disk not found

Installed a new hard drive. Get the error saying it isn't found and no bootable devices but in the BIOS the hard drive is listed and when I run the test it waits for a bit but it recognizes the new drive. What do I do?

Question

Andromeda r5 and Windows 10 issues

My Andromeda r5 was updated to Windows 10 about a year ago. Since then the computer occasionally disconnects from the monitor after I sign in (when it does this, I can reboot and manually shutdown all I want, but it will not reconnect to the monitor until I startup the machine several hours later).

Question

Audio Driver for Aurora R6

I just upgraded from an X51 R1 and was wondering how to get a better audio driver. On the X51 I was able to change various options such as bass, create custom audio profiles, etc. However, on the Aurora R6, that amazing driver was replaced with Alienware Audio which is too low(audio and bass) and ca

Question

Aurora R6 Optical Drive Size

I have an Alienware Aurora R6 and am frustratingly trying to upgrade the optical drive to one that can read Blu-rays. Does anyone know what drive size specs I should be looking for? It's a low profile drive that is even smaller than a standard laptop optical drive. Thanks for any help. Background i

Question

Alienware Area 51 TPM chip?

Does the current Alienware Area-51 for sale on Dell's website have a TPM chip? Alienware Area-51 Gaming Desktop | Dell United States I saw a post on here about the Area-51 R2 and a BIOS version but I don't know if that's the same model currently sold. Thanks.

Question

Popup error when turning on the number lock

I recently purchased an Alienware AW17R4-7345SLV-PUS laptop. I've only had it for two days. I am getting a persistent pop up EVERY time I turn on the number lock. The error says that a "thunderbolt dock;" has been connected. I am not using a dock of any kind. I like this computer, but this is re

Question

Aurora R6 blank screen during post; cannot access BIOS

Hi, have a 3 week old or so Aurora R6 (i7 7700, 16gb, 1080 Gtx, 2gb Sata, 460w) and I am having difficulty with the boot process. When I restart the system to access the BIOS the screen stays dark during the entire boot process until windows loads. I feel like the system is operating correctly other

Question

is 180W enough for a GTX 1050?

Hello, Alienware Community! I have this model of Alienware: Amazon.com: Alienware X51 AX51R3-1510BLK Desktop (6th Generaton Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) NVIDIA GTX 745: Compu…  However, I will be upgrading soon and the AC Adapter l have is only 180W. So my question is this, will l have

Question

Win 10 upgrade free?

My father passed me down an Alienware 14 that he got in 2015 or so. It has windows 7, and I did a full format/reinstall with the provided Alienware win 7 disc. my question is: can I upgrade this to windows 10 for free? It's still doing whatever updates win7 needs, and there wasn't an icon at the bo

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!