Search

Search Results (2.8K)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Samsung 960PRO in Alieware 17 R4, Bios sees the MVME but winndows 10 no...any advice is welcome

I just got an Samsung 960PRO for my Alienware 17 R4. I just installed and I can see the memory in the BIOS, however, it is not recognised by windows! Any advice is welcome. I have tried to install the driver, using Samsung NVM Express Driver 2.2, however, it shows "Samsung NVM Express device is not

Question

Couple of questions for Casse-Ole or whoever can help

Okay, so I have a couple of questions that I'd like to just get resolved in one thread. I have an Aurora R4 and an Area 51 R2 and have upgrade questions for both. 1. I've read about the premium liquid cooler for the R4 (from Casse-Ole's posts) part # 01YGW  and I'm curious if it's worth the

Question

Area 51 R2 Extra 9-pin USB 2.0 header?

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade to a Corsair AIO. Does the Area 51 R2 motherboard have an unused 9-pin USB 2.0 header available? It's for their Corsair Link software to control the AIO. Thanks!!!

Question

Area 51 R2 MB Fan Headers support PWM?

Hi, I want to upgrade Area 51 R2 Fans with 4 pin PWM fans. Does the motherboard use PWM or Voltage Control for the case fans? I ask because I want to use an Adapter like this that splits and powers fans off Molex. And forwards PWM RPM info from Motherboard, so you can use multiple PWM fans off

Question

How can I determine graphics card compatibility with Aurora R3?

I have an Alienware Aurora R3 from 2010 which is currently using 2x GTX 460 graphics cards in an SLI rig. One of the cards has failed, unfortunately, and a single 460 with 1GB vRAM is insufficient for modern gaming, so I'm looking to replace the two GTX 460s with a single new card.   I'm lo

Question

How can I determine the PSU wattage of Aurora R3?

I have a 2010 Alienware Aurora R3 desktop that sorely needs (at least) a graphics card upgrade. Problem is, I don't know whether I have the 525W or the 875W PSU, and there don't seem to be relevant specs for the power supply anywhere in hardware information gathered from the command line or printed

Question

Aurora R4 Lights randomly goes off, zero degree sensors

Hi fellow Aliens, I was able to connect ASUS Z270G with MIO board of an Auoroa R4. Problems show up: 1. Lights of the body, left and right panels randomly go off. 2. After turning off the PC, the Alien head and front ventilation lights do not turn off. 3. Ambient Sensors 1 & 2 report

Question

Unlocked lock icon on drive (C:)

Hello everyone, I need your help in a very weird matter. I have cloned a disk and everything seems fine except the OS (C:) has an unlocked lock icon on it. I have searched everything and everyone point out to a bitlocker tool, however this is not a file that is locked or doesn't work, is the whole

Question

X51 Absolutely No Power

About one week ago, I was playing FFXIV when suddenly my PC shutoff. When I tried to turn it back on, nothing happened. I checked the power supply but I didn't know where the problem was. Pulled out the multimeter and tested the power supply, which for this computer is basically like a laptop charge

Question

Alienware R4 17 LCD panel upgrade

Hello guys! Is it possible to upgrade FHD panel with QHD? As I saw in previosly related topics some members discussed that you need to replace lcd panel connection cable? May be someone already has experience with it?

Question

R6 + new monitor = higher CPU/GPU temps, why?

1. Part of me feels silly for asking this, but....is it normal for a monitor to affect the temperature of the CPU and GPU? A new monitor has increased my CPU and GPU temps, and I'm wondering if it's normal and why, or is something wrong? Back in May I purchased my Aurora R6 (i7 7700, GTX 1070) an

Question

aurora r5 cpu upgrade Intel Core I5-7640X

Good day! I have bought an aurora r5 with an i5-6400 cpu and (my bad...) 450W PSU. I would like to upgrade to i5-7640X, is this possible? I red about a BIOS update which is not available yet. Besides that, any other complications i can expect? upgrade of PSU and liquid cooled (even without ov

Question

Will i be able to put 128gb or more of ram on Area 51 Threadripper ?

I'm thinking of purchasing the maxed out version of Area 51 TC , and only problem i have with the setup is the limited amount of ram , hence the question title . And if so , i only need to order the 32 gb dual channel since i will be taking them all out right ?

Question

Alienware 15 Hard Drive not displaying and long boot time

Good day, I've have a Dell Alienware 15. Recently my 1TB hard drive has stopped appearing in windows and dell support assist.  It appears as though it isn't there, even though it appears when I check the BIOS.  In addition, my boot time has increased as well since this happened. Windo

Question

Area 51 R2 Motherboard stuck in Legacy

Hello! So yesterday I wrote that I could not update my bios and alienware went ahead and replaced my MB. The tech came out today to replace the mother board, However the new MB is stuck in legacy mode and every time it boots its goes to a dos screen and looking for a DHCP server. Im in the bios and

Question

Cant update Area 51 R2 Bios

I have an Area 51 R2 that has bios version A03 on it, Im trying to upgrade it to atleast A08 to install one of the newer intel chips however I cant get the bios to flash. I have started off with A04 and it will say successful and on reboot its still says its A03. The dell tech even tried to just jum

Question

MIO Board Power Pins - Aurora R4

Hello fellow Aliens, Does the MIO board use a standard power connector? The thing is, I have a non OEM PSU and I am wondering if I can just plug the power cable from PSU the MIO without splicing cables. The MIO Power cable looks like a normal MOLEX power cable.

Question

Open Air vs Blower GPU for Aurora R4

Hello fellow Aliens, I have a question. I am getting a Gigabyte GTX 1080 Turbo, a blower-style GPU. My question is, for Aurora R4 chassis, what is the appropriate GPU cooler? Open Air or Blower style? Thanks

Question

Where to buy replacement parts?

I have an Alienware 17 R4. Yesterday, it fell (luckily, inside my backpack.) A section of the plastic casing on the rear thermal shelf unit (the block behind the lid) completely snapped off. It seems like it would be easy enough to replace that entire plastic cover; problem is, where can I get it? D

Question

M18x R2 sound simultaneiously from headphone jack and internal speakers

Hi, recently I noticed that sound is coming out simultaneously through my headphone jack and internal speakers. I just noticed this because normally I have speakers plugged in to my headphone jack so its hard to notice additional sounds coming from my laptop. However the other day I was using headph

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!