Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AG

1 Rookie

• 

21 Posts

May 5th, 2024 17:08

Dell EMC N1124T-ON: "NOTE dot1sBpduReceive(): Invalid Forward Delay"

My network setup includes a Dell EMC N1124T-ON switch (Firmware: 6.7.1.22) with default settings, except for Time Synchronization, Username, and Password. The switch obtains its IP address via DHCP. It is connected to a LAN output of an Asus RT-AC87U router. Within the network, there are 3 wired devices connected to the Switch and 5 Wi-Fi devices connected to the Router, consisting of a variety of operating systems: Windows 11 Pro, Android, iOS, and OSX.

The problem: The switch logs (every 2 seconds):

Another observation: When the switch is connected, I more occasionally experience network availability issues for both wired and Wi-Fi devices. I'm uncertain whether these problems are related.

Would anyone happen to have any insights or suggestions?

• 

2.2K Posts

May 6th, 2024 10:13

Hello,

As I can reviewed the dot1sBpduReceive(): Discarding the BPDU" message on a Dell N Series switch. It likely indicates an invalid spanning tree protocol data unit (BPDU). Please check your network topology for any potential loops or redundant paths that could be causing STP to generate these messages. Don't forget to firmware is up to date. 

Hope that helps!

1 Rookie

• 

21 Posts

May 6th, 2024 19:19

"It likely indicates an invalid spanning tree protocol data unit(?) (BPDU). Please check your network topology(?) for any potential loops or redundant paths(?) that could be causing STP to generate these messages."

--

I have an Asus RT-AC87U router. I’ve connected the Dell EMC N1124T-ON switch (default settings) to LAN port #1 of the router - Quite straightforward. This is my entire network.

The switch is running on the latest firmware, version 6.7.1.22 (probably not the latest CPLD version). I’ve connected three devices to the switch: two Dell Precision Workstations (models 3650 and 7920, both running Windows 11 Pro), and a WD NAS. All obtain IP address via DHCP.

I am not an IT expert. What could possibly go wrong in this setup? 

• 

8.5K Posts

May 6th, 2024 20:21

Amit G.,

We would need more information to understand the cause. Would you share the results of show running-config, so we have a better idea?

Thanks.

View More

No Events found!