Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

May 7th, 2024 00:30

Dell Latitude E7450 keyboard backlight + power button and status indicators not illuminating, screen not lighting up

Hello everyone, I have a Dell Latitude E7450 that has been working fine for almost 10 years now, However, I recently came across a very interesting issue that is causing my PC to turn on but the screen remains blank, alongside the power button and status lights that are inside the laptop. However, the status indicators on the lid indicate the PC is turned on just fine. I can even hear Windows sounds when I press keys. This means the computer is booted up and is in Windows. 

I have already used an external monitor (my tv) to determine the computer boots up. I tried setting the display mode to 'laptop screen only' in windows 10.

I also tried reseating the RAM, CMOS battery, battery, LCD cable, reinstalling graphics drivers, and as well as performing numerous hard resets, all to no avail. 

When I have time, I will include a video of what happens, but for now here is just a transcript/play by play of the details:

I press the power button, but the backlit keyboard, status indicators, or power button do not light up. However, l the status indicators on the lid of the laptop are flashing and flickering. 

The screen comes on, shows the Dell logo but before it boots, the screen shuts off completely. However, I can access the f12 boot menu fine, as well as any other pre-boot options. The screen flashes sometimes.

The computer's screen, keyboard status indicators and powerbutton remain non-illuminated, but I can hear the sounds of Windows. 

That's all for now, I will include a video when I clear up enough space on my phone.

Cheers all...

No Responses!
No Events found!