Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 3rd, 2024 15:50

New Computer Failed CPU

I purchased the R16 Alienware with additional storage and an improved CPU made to order from Dell.  This is the most expensive computer I have ever purchased. I have owned many prebuilt computers from various well known manufactures.   About 1 1/2 months after taking delivery of the computer it would hang up and attempt to restart itself.

Then one day it just would not restart and the front light would flash codes.  I called Tech support and got someone immediately. After some discussion they told me that the computer was loading software and sometimes it will slip into a quiet mode not allowing the user to use it during this time.  He said that there would be no indication on the display that this was going on.  Just the Alienware power light flashing different colours in different sequences. Eventually he was able to get the computer to work and I was satisfied.

Two weeks later it failed again this time with a code that suggested a CPU critical error.  Again I called Tech support and was advised that the computer would need to be repaired.  I was given two options, ship it back or have a tech come to my residence to repair it.  The tech indicated the latter would only take three days and was much quicker than shipping it.  I agreed and it has now been several weeks for me without a computer.  Almost daily I get an update via email that is automatically generated with a new expected date where some of the parts are expected to be in to repair my computer.  I have been told there is a "back order" on one or more of the parts.

I have started emailing Tech support explaining my concerns and the immense inconvenience with being without a computer.  They were polite in their responses but nothing concrete was done.  Just a lot of sweet words.  I suggested they replace the computer or a refund.  They indicated neither of those options were options and said they were sorry for the inconvenience.  This computer is brand new!!  There is no way a customer should have to be without a computer because of a "back order" issue.  This means nothing to the customer.  The only issue the customer experiences is the lack of a computer and the frustration of forking out thousands of dollars.

They suggested I speak to someone on the phone about my concerns and we agreed on a date and time.  There was a one hour window I allotted but they called 2 hours after that time and again 4 hours past that time.  Both times I was not in a position to take a call because of my employment.  

Out of immense disappointed and frustration with the lack of anything significant from Tech, I am typing this response.  They are suppose to be calling me back today with the one hour window allotted, and they have not called yet.  

I would like to speak with someone who is in a position to make legitimate decisions and who is not just going to use nice words and do nothing to resolve these issues.

Please Help

No Responses!
No Events found!