Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

December 17th, 2017 11:00

How do I switch between my audio jacks?

I'm running Windows 8.1 on an Alienware Andromeda R5. I have speakers plugged into one of my audio jacks and headphones plugged into the other. Right now I have to unplug the headphones and plug them back in every time I want to switch, but this is awkward because the computer is under my desk and I can't see the jack.

From my research I've discovered that in order to distinguish between the two audio devices I need to use something called Realtek Audio Manager. Though I have seen screenshots, I have never been able to run this application myself. I've even found the executable in File Explorer but running it does nothing.

It seems that my system has overridden Reaktek Audio Manager with Alienware Audio Manager. I also have a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10, and that too has the same problem, though it's just Dell Audio Manager in that case.

How do I solve this problem? An acceptable answer would either explain how I can get Reaktek Audio Manager to run in spite of Alienware Audio Manager, or how to switch between the audio jacks without Realtek Audio Manager.

No Responses!
No Events found!