Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

December 11th, 2017 18:00

Holding a key disables my touchpad, and i can't find a fix at all

Alienware r4 17", bought it in March or April this year.

I've been looking it up for an hour or so, but I'm getting fixes sending me into the registry for folders that dont exist. 

I'm away from home for work, brought my laptop to do some gaming while I'm in my hotel room, but forgot my receiver for my mouse (d'oh!). It limited the games i can play, but when i hold a key for forward (w) my touchpad stops responding after about a second.  So far as I can tell, my touchpad gets overridden by the key trying to repeat, but I can't find out how to disable that. Without a fix, I'm not having a beer and gaming in my hotel, im just drinking alone staring at a screen and getting angry, and everyone knows thats not acceptable.

But all jokes aside, if someone can give me something that works, I would be extremely thankful.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

December 13th, 2017 14:00

Hi ‌,

You need to change the touchpad setting that disables the touchpad while using the keyboard. You can look for this option in the system tray, or you can open Command Center > go to the Alien Touch tab and disable the option (sometimes it will appear as TouchGuard).

No Events found!