Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2017 05:00

go light out of sleep

I have a new Aurora (8th Gen Intel) with the AW768 Keyboard.  After awakening from Sleep Mode, the Keyboard remains in Dark Mode.  How do I get the keyboard to automatically GO LIGHT upon awakening?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

December 14th, 2017 10:00

Hi Herb,

Is the BIOS up to date?

Check this article: Alienware Command Center Quick Guide | Dell US 

Open power options and check sleep settings as well. 

8 Posts

December 14th, 2017 18:00

I have a different model pc the area 51 r2 and alienware keyboard and mouse and monitor and just fyi when I use sleep and come back to it I sometimes have problems with my lights turning back on.  I also use go dark at night while I leave my pc on and listen to YouTube videos and sometimes when I go light I also have minor glitches.  As of right now after I hit go light my alien FX app says disable mode, whatever that is.  I know its not same problem but just thought I would put that out there.  PC is 10 months old and everything is updated as always.

13 Posts

December 17th, 2017 14:00

I’m up to date on all bios and SW.

Sent from my iPhone X

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

December 18th, 2017 11:00

Are you putting the system in Dark Mode before going to sleep?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

December 18th, 2017 12:00

Hi Gromz‌,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Command Center in a proper way? How to Remove and Reinstall the Alienware Command Center | Dell US 

Make sure the BIOS is up to date.

8 Posts

December 18th, 2017 14:00

Yes but whats happening is I go dark and then the systems enters sleep mode on its own and it appears to have some hiccups or glitches when coming back from sleep mode.  I go to go light and seeing that I have the complete alien setup meaning mouse keyboard monitor and pc they all have lights and one or the other isn't in sync or doesnt come back.  I just installed the latest version but I have not unintalled and reinstalled manually in about 3 weeks so maybe I will try that the next time the issue happens.  And my bios is always up to date.  I know thats the first thing everyone says but I have the latest alien bios since it came out.  I get emails and notices when drivers come out and I have the alienware updater app that checks the system for updates although it doesnt seem to work though.  I still check dell site manually just in case.  But yes alienware update program doesnt seem to do squat.  I have it in system tray for nothing I guess.  It came installed from dell.  

13 Posts

December 19th, 2017 07:00

My BIOS is at 1.02 and is up-to-date.  No matter what I do, I still have to GO LIGHT manually after hybrid sleep.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

December 19th, 2017 12:00

The machine will come back from sleep the same way it was when it went to sleep. Unfortunately there's no way to change from Go Dark to Go Light when it wakes up.. 

13 Posts

December 20th, 2017 08:00

FYI – mine goes to sleep WITH LIGHT and comes out (mostly) with DARK.

No Events found!