Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 5th, 2024 22:23

Aurora R16, low FPS, CPU Frequency? Overclock/Undervolt/upgrade Ram? Any help at all please :)

Hello I currently have an R16.

i9 14900f

RTX 4080 Super

32GB DDR5 5600 MT/s

2 TB SSD

ORF96M (Intel Z690)

I only play warzone. I am currently getting an average of 170/180 FPS. Every one with very similar build or even older parts are doing between 220/250 FPS. How do I get there? CPU is running at 2/3 ghz average but cpu frequency is 5.8ghz? Yes I have done every setting in game, windows, Nvidia etc. is way I can over clock or under volt RAM maybe ? Or upgrade to 64GB? Please help :)

1 Rookie

• 

54 Posts

May 6th, 2024 02:21

Wrong board to ask, but my guess is CPU cooling limitation based on the power draw of Intel desktop CPUs of the 13/14th gen. That would be the only real bottleneck unless the RAM or GPU is running way lower clocks than they should be. Those CPUs are infamous for overheating and you can find a ton of threads/guides if you google it. The problem is the Turbo and default BIOS settings draw a ton of power to try to achieve the ridiculous high clock speeds and there's tons of info on correcting it. You'd be way better off following a Reddit thread or something instead of waiting for a comprehensive guide here

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

May 6th, 2024 14:11

Options are limited with these OEM systems. Often design decisions are made on the motherboard and video card, that will hamper performance when compared to retail parts.

Here are the OEM specs: OEM specs

If you scroll down you will see a whole list of retail cards, with some having a power limit of 350 or 380 Watts as opposed to the 320 Watts on the OEM.

This power limit will in turn limit the maximum boost frequency of the card. 2505 Mhz versus 2640 Mhz for a 380 Watt variant for example.

With overclocking this difference in boost frequency can even be larger.

You could try using MSI Afterburner to increase the boost frequency, but your options will be limited as typically the power limit cannot be increased on the OEM card, limiting your overclocking options.

(edited)

View More

No Events found!