Start a Conversation

Unsolved

X

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

April 28th, 2024 05:45

BIOS Message

I have a Dell M1530 that I run with the original power adapter that Dell shipped with my laptop. My laptop has a 9 cell battery and Dell provided a 90 watt power adapter instead of a 65 watt power adapter that comes with the smaller batteries. When I start the laptop I get a BIOS message that says it cannot verify that a 65 watt power adapter and it will adjust the power according to maximize performance. Then it ask me if I want to F1 to continue booting or do I want to do a F2 to start and not see that message again or I can do a F5 and enter trouble shooting mode. Why am I getting this message and what should I do about it?

Sincerely,

5 Practitioner

• 

4.9K Posts

April 28th, 2024 06:00

The message meant to alert you that the power adapter is not recognized period.  A 65w power adapter or higher was expected.  Bypass the error may limit the performance and prevent from charging the battery.

Verify that the connector was fully inserted in place.  If the issue is persisted, the center pin in connector tip may have been damaged, test with another OEM adapter to confirm.

No Events found!