Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

V

18 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 09:00

Mouse Side Buttons Not Working In-Game AW958

Hi, I have the Alienware Elite Gaming Mouse (AW958) and I have key mapped the six side buttons to "7-="

For example in Guild Wars 2, in the chat box the buttons will type their corresponding keys, but they will not activate when I activate the ability that is bound with the corresponding key. (Yes it works on the keyboard, and I don't have the chat box open when I try it, and my drivers are up to date in the Alienware Control Center).

Any thoughts to getting this to work in-game? Does anyone else have this problem?

January 2nd, 2018 13:00

So while using this I found something out. The ONLY time the side buttons correctly work and activate is when there is absolutely no other input happening with the mouse. This means that if I want these buttons to actually work, I have to do a standstill and only press that button.

This is a big problem because in mouse movement based mmo's like GW2 and WoW, I would actually have to stop right and left clicks to activate an ability, hindering all of my movement. This was never an issue with a mouse like the Razer Naga.

Does anyone know of a workaround? Or is this just because the mouse drivers are poorly developed?

No Events found!