Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

January 2nd, 2018 15:00

Alienware R4 17 crashes instead of going to sleep

Hey! I've been having some issues with my new R4 17 and thought I'd run them by here before calling support to see if anyone could help~

- The major one is that whenever I close the laptop lid, instead of going to sleep it crashes (black screen, unresponsive even though alienware fx lighting is still on) and requires a full reboot. I have to power it down by long pressing the alien head, and when I power it back on I'm greeted by a blue "windows didn't load correctly" recovery screen. Restarting AFTER that allows me to boot fine. Do I need to change anything in the power settings profile? It's on default right now, but I've tried tinkering with it and nothing seems to fix the issue.

- Windows doesn't recognize my second nvme SSD. I installed a 500 GB OCZ nvme ssd, and it's recognized in the BIOS ( as an RD400), but isn't detected at all by windows when I tried to format it it w/ disk management.

- I don't think optimus is working correctly. I bought a model *without* a G-sync enabled screen specifically for longer batter life, but sometimes I average around 2-3  hours just idling in windows or browsing the web

- Sometimes the mousepad double clicks.

Hardware info: R4 17, Gtx 1070, 300 nit IPS screen, config came with 1TB HDD + 256 nvme SSD. Attempted to install a second ssd, but no dice.

As far as I can tell, windows and all the alienware software / BIOS is up to date.

Any help would be majorly appreciated!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 4th, 2018 06:00

Hi ‌,

Send me a private message with the service tag so I can assist you with this.

No Events found!