Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

B

3 Posts

January 3rd, 2018 01:00

Alienware R3 15 poor FPS while gaming :(

Hey everyone, I just got a r3 15 for christmas and its my first gaming pc. specs are i7-700hq and gtx 1060gb. I have been trying to play rainbow six seige and pubg but both wont go higher than 30-40fps. even on lower settings. i even tried counter striker at that was only 60fps! can someone please help me fix this problem as ive been trying for days to nothing working. i have updated most drivers and bios. still nothing. Please help  

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2018 19:00

See this thread it might help....Graphics Cards R3

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 4th, 2018 07:00

Hi  Brad963‌,

If the BIOS is up to date, also make sure the video driver is up to date (from our website first, then from Nvidia).

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let me know if you receive any errors. 

Also, run this benchmark and reply with an screenshot of the results.

3 Posts

January 4th, 2018 08:00

Also no issues when i ran the ePSA!

3 Posts

January 4th, 2018 08:00

Hey Eimy! thanks for getting back to me.

I was unable to screenshot the results  but i wrote them down. 

fps 44.8

score: 1128

min FPs7.4

max fps 75.3.

i ran the benchmark on the ultra settings. (sorry wasnt sure which settings to benchmark)

Some more info on the issue, So basically when im in the menus of rainbow six or pubg i get around 100fps. but soon as i go in game it just drops to around 30-40. i have put it both games on low settings and still the same result. 

No Events found!