Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

September 12th, 2023 10:38

Aurora R3, B760 MSI motherboard, AWCC not compatible

I have changed the whole inside of the Aurora R3 i just kept the case the and the control board inside everything is installed the light are up but i cant installed any Alienware command center am using B760 MSI motherboard 13th gen when i am trying to install command center 2.8.9 it says "this installation package is not compatible with this platform" is there a way to install the command center to the new build and make it work ? i saw a video talking about bios key w.e 

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

September 12th, 2023 13:13

There are a few users on the board who have extensive knowledge about getting AWCC to work on different platform hardware. 

I am sure they will respond in a few days or so. @Cass-Ole is one of them.

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

September 12th, 2023 22:41

V2.75 shouldn't have a software block, try it if u wish 

V2.8.9 shouldn't have a software block either (!), so try this if u wish:
1) In Windows search box type RegEdit & Run as Admin
2) Per photo, clik / navigate down the menu tree to BIOS
3) In Base Board Product, change your MSI B670 'data' to 046MHW, then in SystemProduct, change it to Aurora-R3
4) Install CmndCntr to see if the block goes away, if so restart PC, open/use the app & report back

5) If an 'incompatible theme' error occurs after install & when u open AlienF/X, CLOSE THE APP & head back to RegEdit down the same tree as 'BIOS' but scroll down to SOFTWARE>Alienware>AlienFX -->if the 'model' says 'Unsupported' then change it to Aurora & save, open the app + AlienF/X & see if that fixed it, & if not then head back & change Aurora to Aurora-R3 etc & try again

V2.8.11 should also work on AurR3, w/the above mods to Registry

Post a pic of your new build (pics or it didn't happen)

(=

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

September 13th, 2023 10:57

I would like if someone still using Aurora R3 to provide me with export of registry system bios. I have build a new pc with the Aurora R3 case. I tried multiple things to install the AWCC in order to manage and I can't install it. Always the same message. But if I have a registry entries file with my old system bios info I could trick the installation and install it.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Re: registry entries export?
No Events found!